#101 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

The new album is good, I'm enjoying it when the mood strikes, but I do like Backspacer quite a bit more.  Lightning Bolt is similar in style, but the songs/hooks aren't quite as strong.  Backspacer was brilliant in its simplicity and has some really strong songs with powerful melodic hooks.  Overall, I'm pleased with their recent direction, they lost me a bit with Riot Act and the Avocado album.

#102 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Mind Yer Manners is pretty damn rockin', gotta get the new one ahead of seein' them on 11/29...I was wondering from some of the Backspacer songs that Eddie was going a bit Christian(not that there's anything wrong with that) on us, but this song pretty much negates that...gettin' pumped for the 29th!!!

< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#103 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Mind Yer Manners is pretty damn rockin', gotta get the new one ahead of seein' them on 11/29...I was wondering from some of the Backspacer songs that Eddie was going a bit Christian(not that there's anything wrong with that) on us, but this song pretty much negates that...gettin' pumped for the 29th!!!

Yeah...Ed's not the type to get religious.

#104 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

Pearl Jam was an awesome show, the wife dug it as well...I didn't remember them being such a jam band, they really stretched out some of the songs, ended with a jam to "Rockin' in the Free World with some famous local artists, some of the women from Sleatter-Kinney...

< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#105 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Pearl Jam was an awesome show, the wife dug it as well...I didn't remember them being such a jam band, they really stretched out some of the songs, ended with a jam to "Rockin' in the Free World with some famous local artists, some of the women from Sleatter-Kinney...

There are a few songs they commonly jam out when they play them: Rearviewmirror, Evenflow, Alive, Rocking In The Free World, Black, Immortality, Daughter, Blood and Porch come to mind.  

Sometimes I wish Rush would do this more (like they used to do during Bravado), but then again it's an entirely differently kind of show and Rush has a much more intense light/screen show....so jamming would be difficult.

Let me know if you want to check out some more PJ.  I have a ton of tunes in an online directory.

#106 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,890 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Evenflow. I love listening to the jams in the middle of that song. It's different every time.... Didn't even realize it until I heard an Iron Maiden riff..... :)

falconext.png

#107 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Evenflow. I love listening to the jams in the middle of that song. It's different every time.... Didn't even realize it until I heard an Iron Maiden riff..... :)

I think the best EF I ever saw was the version that ended up on the Touring Band 2000 DVD.  Mike is ripping throughout.  It's not a very extended jam like they do these days, but it's right to the point.

doesn't hurt that I was 2nd row :)

#108 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Bump for my "other" favorite band.

#109 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Merry XMas.  To celebrate, here's the 2013 xmas single with PJ playing WMA as Jay-Z raps 99 Problems (and listen for Ed teasing Worldwide Suicide)

#110 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

and of course, the one that started it all:

#111 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

20 years ago tonight I was sitting on the floor of my room recording the Atlanta PJ show from the radio broadcast onto Maxell XLIIs. I still have that tape at home somewhere, complete with the sleeve that I tracked out the setlist and colored in a little bit. I will try to find it when I get home and post a pic.

And if you'd like to actually listen to the show show (it's one of the all-timers): http://www.gremmie.net/wp-content/uploads/atlanta1994.zip

Enjoy!

#112 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

Anyone hitting up some shows over the Summer?

#113 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

Well screw it, I'll chime in to my own question:

Barcelona (show 50!)
Madrid
Lisbon
Seattle 1
Seattle 2
Fenway 1
Fenway 2

#114 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

Anyone hitting up Seattle next week?

#115 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

Probably a lot of people, but maybe not anyone here. :D  I don't enough of their songs to pay for a concert.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#116 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

Probably a lot of people, but maybe not anyone here. :D I don't enough of their songs to pay for a concert.

Like enough or know enough?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users