19 replies to this topic

#1 snow_patrol

snow_patrol

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

To all counterpeeps going to the show this weekend have a great time.  I will be with you in spirt.  Since I didn't win the meet & greet through rushbackstage.com I doubt I will be coming down... Damn ;-)...  I was hoping to see them on this leg. But at least I got to see them in Seattle. 

Enjoy the show and hit a couple of air drums for me!

• Slut Puppy likes this

#2 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

:(

we will miss you Dave!

• snow_patrol likes this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#3 snow_patrol

snow_patrol

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Looking forward to R40...... 

Beth I think you guys are going to have  great time.  They blow the roof off of Key arena last year. 

Woot!

#4 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

Wish I could be there

:unsure:

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#5 Paragon

Paragon

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Mr. Paragon and I were in Jamaica for the Seattle show last year, so we'll definitely be in attendance this weekend. Plus, we're bringing our youngest to see his first-ever Rush concert. Go go next generation!

• snow_patrol likes this

#6 snow_patrol

snow_patrol

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

I would love to bring my son but he is just about to turn 4.  A Rush show might be a little much for him... Sad to say I don't think he will ever see Rush live in his life time.  I could be wrong but the Rush party train will someday come to an end and that is ok we will always have the music.

However we did take him  to see Amiee Mann here in Seattle when she played ZooTunes at the Woodland Park Zoo. That was a very laid back affair, nothig like a Rush show.  But in some repects my little guy has seen some Rush becuase Amiee worked with Rush and was in one of their videos ;-P....   Connect the dots!   Amiee was great by the way.  Well worth seeing.

#7 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

However we did take him  to see Amiee Mann here in Seattle when she played ZooTunes at the Woodland Park Zoo. That was a very laid back affair, nothig like a Rush show.

I had tickets to that show, but received sudden military orders and was taking off from a SeaTac runway at showtime... Fortunately, I saw her last year (or earlier this year?) when she played at the Neptune. If you ever have a chance to see a show there, do it. Absolutely beautiful. I was about 5' from Ms. Mann all night and the sound was decent. Charmer is a better record, IMO, than Smilers and I really enjoyed the Neptune set. Full band too.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#8 theanalogkid7

theanalogkid7

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK, USA

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm so excited for this show. My bro and his wife just moved to PDX and have been asking for me to come visit. I saw Rush was doing a show so I figured two birds one stone! Haha. The drive from Oklahoma City was long, but it should all be worth it!! It'll be nice being at an outdoor show that doesn't involve uncomfortable sweating ridiculous heat.

#9 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

So is the park/ride shuttle the best way in to the show??? I assume they are still doing the shuttles, is that right??? Anyone??? Anyone at all??? RD, Skep??? Have some friends from So.Cal in for the show, don't want them caught up in the slow death crawl out of the show...or maybe park close to the entrance/exit and walk the 1/2 mile in to the show??? Except one of my guests has bum knees, prolly not a fun walk for her...hmmm...

< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#10 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

So is the park/ride shuttle the best way in to the show??? I assume they are still doing the shuttles, is that right??? Anyone??? Anyone at all??? RD, Skep??? Have some friends from So.Cal in for the show, don't want them caught up in the slow death crawl out of the show...or maybe park close to the entrance/exit and walk the 1/2 mile in to the show??? Except one of my guests has bum knees, prolly not a fun walk for her...hmmm...

They are running the shuttles and that is easily the best way in and especially out of the show. 

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#11 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, Alan, think I'll go that route...any meetups happenin' today before the show???

#12 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yes at Billygan's Roadhouse right there by the Park and Ride. They are getting started early at 2:30, Skep and I will be there around 4:30-5.

I cannot stress how much time the shuttle will save you, they go the back roads closed to traffic and you totally skip the clusterfuck that is the parking lot. Last time, we were in our car headed south on 205 towards home 20 minutes after we stood up from our seat.  Anyone who has tried to leave the ampitheater after a big show will know what kind of a miracle that is.

• fast eddie likes this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#13 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

what exit is the park/ride??? Sorry, I should just google this shit myself, but you folks bein' 'couverites an' all...

#14 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

at the 205/5 junction, take the exit for 134th st.

https://plus.google....out?gl=us&hl=en

#15 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Do they have shuttles from several park/rides??? I seem to recall the one I used being right next to the freeway...

edit: the map was showing the venue, I guess, the park/ride is where I remember it, just east of the frwy exit...

#16 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Do they have shuttles from several park/rides??? I seem to recall the one I used being right next to the freeway...

edit: the map was showing the venue, I guess, the park/ride is where I remember it, just east of the frwy exit...

The map shows the park and ride, yes right next to where 5 and 205 merge...I'm not sure if other PnR go to the ampitheater

#17 Paragon

Paragon

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

The show was amazing, and Junior Paragon (11 years old) was on his feet screaming and clapping with Mom all the way to the end. He also slept like a rock on the way home afterwards. I'm so glad I got to share this with him!

• Soddy and Slut Puppy like this

#18 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

That was a diff park/ride than I used last time, I think...did they move it from east of the freeway???

Anyway, the show was typically awesome tho my part of the crowd was rather lethargic, made me sit thru a good part of the show...

#19 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

That was a diff park/ride than I used last time, I think...did they move it from east of the freeway???

Anyway, the show was typically awesome tho my part of the crowd was rather lethargic, made me sit thru a good part of the show...

Yep. I was looking for it where it used to be but followed the signs and found it further west. Somewhere along the way I remembered there was a brief story about it moving a while ago. 

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#20 snow_patrol

snow_patrol

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

I had tickets to that show, but received sudden military orders and was taking off from a SeaTac runway at showtime... Fortunately, I saw her last year (or earlier this year?) when she played at the Neptune. If you ever have a chance to see a show there, do it. Absolutely beautiful. I was about 5' from Ms. Mann all night and the sound was decent. Charmer is a better record, IMO, than Smilers and I really enjoyed the Neptune set. Full band too.

It sounds as if you saw the better show (Neptune).  ZooTunes was cool but it was packed and we sat wayback.  No complaints and I think my son dug it.  He made it to the end of the show.  Someday I will make it over to the Neptune.  I have see movies there.  Pretty cool place. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users