12 replies to this topic

#1 Dick Tree

Dick Tree

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm interested in getting some good seats if anyone has a couple available for the KC show.  At least two or as many as four tickets would work for me.

#2 bartlejo

bartlejo

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I am looking for a single in the first few rows.  Please let me know if you have one available.  Thanks!

#3 Dick Tree

Dick Tree

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Finally pulled the trigger on a couple of medocre seats for KC.  Not terrible but certainly not great and it seemed like nothing else was coming onto the market.

#4 AsIfToFly

AsIfToFly

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

Heard on the radio today that the show was sold out, until the venue opened up more tickets on the side of the stage.  Wonder if they sold the upper level.  Regardless, glad there will be a good turnout for the last show.

If you see a guy with two small boys, one of which wearing a red Rush tshirt (present for his 9th b-day tomorrow!), that's me!

#5 AsIfToFly

AsIfToFly

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

Just got back from the show.  Outstanding.  Really impressed with the string section.  They were so into it, rocking out, singing along.  I dug how Neil switched kits mid-song during Clockwork Angels and then switched back.  His solos were really excellent, I think splitting them into shorter solos was very effective.  LIght show was awesome.

YYZ was epic.  They tore it up.  And Paul Rudd came out and goofed around with the string section, pretending to conduct them, and doing his "slappin' the bass" thing.  Headlong Flight was another high point for me.

Hard to believe these guys are as old as they are and playing at the level they're playing at.  I've been seeing them since the Signals tour and they've never played better, IMO.  And Geddy was hiting all the high notes.  He really gave it his all.  He was hoarse when he said his good nights at the end of the show.

Although the upper deck was curtained off, the place was filled and the crowd was great.  Glad I got to see the last show of the tour!  I hope they've got at least one more tour in them!

#6 Dick Tree

Dick Tree

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

I agree with everything said in the previous post.  The show was a real treat and the band just seemed to be so carefree and happy (probably because the tour was finally over).  My fourth show of the '13 leg of the Clockwork Angels tour and this one would be hard to beat.

If anyone comes across a bootleg of this show please drop me a PM.  There were some real "moments" last night that I would like to re-live.

DSC06607_zpsbb88e629.jpg

• madrigal likes this

#7 Dick Tree

Dick Tree

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

A few more shots from the Kansas City show...

DSC06574a_zpsfa7ad10e.jpgDSC06568a_zps6a3d91e7.jpgDSC06593_zps8600d9f2.jpgDSC06590_zps7d0704e1.jpgDSC06610_zps4097502c.jpgDSC06621_zps7ee40c7b.jpgDSC06661_zpsf47d0196.jpgDSC06664a_zpsb2cfaf96.jpg

#8 Julie

Julie

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

These are GREAT pictures!!!! Thanks!

#9 madrigal

madrigal

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationneither here, nor there

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Wow!! Those are really awesome photos, Bruce. Glad to hear it was such a fabulous show. Wish they would have made it out this was on this last leg. A bit disappointed, but I'll get over it. :)

#10 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Alex looks fat and Geddy is beginning to look like a goblin.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#11 Dick Tree

Dick Tree

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

Kansas City also marked my 60th Rush concert.  If you look closely at the picture taken by John Arrowsmith of the finale of the Kansas City show you can just make me out holding the small sign marking my 60th show.

KansasCity003_zps82300e74.jpgDSC06589_zps7af9177c.jpg

• grep and Mark Tokarz like this

#12 Mark Tokarz

Mark Tokarz

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVilla Park,IL

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Haven't posted in a while, but here are a couple of pics of me in the first row including a Rush.com John Arrowsmith shot.  I'm on the right.  I hope they tour again, but if this was the last show It couldn't be any better.  :) 

Attached Files

#13 UltimateBDP

UltimateBDP

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

I'd like a second opinion of the KC show. 

I saw them this year in Austin and then in KC.  The KC show sounded like they were playing that songs a little too fast. like in a hurry.

the second set seemed more restrained (probably for timing & cues).  but that first set was too fast and a litle sloppy.

not that I minded.  it made it interesting.  perhaps they were excited?

Geddy's voice had no middle range.  He could hit those high notes, but just under those-he had problems.  The Austin show seemed smoother, vocally.

KC is a nice litle town.  cool downtown area.  that Pizza Bar across from the Sprint Center was very cool.  Shame the Rainmakers weren't playing that weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users