#381 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

Actually went to a gig last night, first one in nearly a year! 'Twas Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets at Nottingham's Theatre Royal Concert Hall.

If you like early Floyd - and I do - then if the show comes your way then go and see it. You won't be disappointed, even if one of the guitarists is Gary Kemp from Spandau Ballet, I never knew he could channel David "Don't Call me Dave" Gilmour. Bass was provided by latterday semi-Floydian and Gilmour cohort Guy Pratt.

It was worth it for the opening three songs - Interstellar Overdrive, Astronomy Domine and Lucifer Sam - we also got Arnold Layne, See Emily Play, Fearless, If/Atom Heart Mother Medley, One of these Days, Bike and many more including my personal fave: Vegetable Man! Man, I partied like it was some time between 1966 and 1972, we got nothing later than the Obscured by Clouds album.

Mrs Slikk enjoyed it too, even though she's been suffering from a torn retina of late and was worried that the strobe lights might make a blood vessel pop again - if it does she has to have her eyeball drained...

Eyeball drained?!?!?!?! Sounds about as awful as early Floyd, heyyyyyooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#382 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

I went to see Nine Inch Nails at the Kings Theater in Brooklyn last night.  As always, one of my absolute favorite bands to see live.  Flawless sound, amazing lights show, and nothing short of incredible musicianship.  Trent sounded amazing and the band was on fire!  Setlists are hard to predict because they're changing things up nightly, but we got an incredible set that leaned heavily on the earlier part of the catalog, Pretty Hate Machine/Downward Spiral, but with a great mix of career spanning songs.  Highlights for me were finally seeing The Perfect Drug live, the new song, God Break Down The Door, Trent's crooning/saxophone playing homage to Bowie, and Wish, always a personal favorite and heavy AF.  What a phenomenal performance, and a treat to see them in a gorgeous theater!  My one regret is only getting tickets to one of the four local shows this week, they played two nights at Radio City Music Hall over the weekend, and back at Kings Theater again tonight, every one sold out...  Oh well. 

The Jesus and Mary Chain opened, not as familiar, but they were really good, dark, moody, and tight, and apparently one of those bands whose influence on a genre transcends the number of songs I was familiar with.

#383 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

Elton John   October 6th, 2018    The old Boston Garden.

Boston.  

ELTON JOHN -- 50 YEARS ON, AND HE'S STILL GOT IT.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

#384 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:25 PM

I went to see Nine Inch Nails at the Kings Theater in Brooklyn last night.  As always, one of my absolute favorite bands to see live.  Flawless sound, amazing lights show, and nothing short of incredible musicianship.  Trent sounded amazing and the band was on fire!  Setlists are hard to predict because they're changing things up nightly, but we got an incredible set that leaned heavily on the earlier part of the catalog, Pretty Hate Machine/Downward Spiral, but with a great mix of career spanning songs.  Highlights for me were finally seeing The Perfect Drug live, the new song, God Break Down The Door, Trent's crooning/saxophone playing homage to Bowie, and Wish, always a personal favorite and heavy AF.  What a phenomenal performance, and a treat to see them in a gorgeous theater!  My one regret is only getting tickets to one of the four local shows this week, they played two nights at Radio City Music Hall over the weekend, and back at Kings Theater again tonight, every one sold out...  Oh well. 

The Jesus and Mary Chain opened, not as familiar, but they were really good, dark, moody, and tight, and apparently one of those bands whose influence on a genre transcends the number of songs I was familiar with.

NIN Is sooooo good live, I've seen them twice and both were spectacular shows. The second time a few years back, probably 7-10 years since first seeing them, when they co-headlined with Soundgarden was a truly epic show. Soundgarden put on a great show ahd while admittedly only a casual NIN fan, I wasn't sure NIN could bring enough to match SG. They did and then some, and it was clear as fuck that the crowd was there for NIN. The energy was off the charts, it was already high from SG and NIN brought the crowd to heights of ecstasy. whoooooooooo that was a top tier night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users