#21 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:57 AM

Thanks for the link, St R! 

When you hear Geddy introduce the songs, it almost seems as if the audio is slowed down a bit, but once the song kicks in you realize it's all good. 

#22 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:12 AM

Listening to this now.   DAMN!  Some of the breakdowns in Working Man are freakin ON FIRE!

#23 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,250 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

I've always thought of that solo as being a sort of illegitimate child of the Pagey violin bow section of Dazed and Confused, and for me By-Tor is the one Rush song above all others that seems to have aged badly.

Fantastic to have another live version of Best I Can on that recording, though.

I can see that but I’ve always thought of the “Dazed and Confused” solo as having more mystique. Given my age, I can’t separate it from The Song Remains the Same movie I guess. I just have that vision of Page as a wizard in my mind whenever I hear it. When I hear Rush do By-Tor it’s more of a blank slate.  Probably a good thread somewhere in here to discuss how music videos, commercials, movies and trailers impact the way we hear songs.

#24 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the PA show, what a great treat!

Interesting that Fly By Night wasn't played and Bad Boy was played, thought Rush dropped that cover after the first tour, however looking at the gone but not forgotten Power Windows site tour history, Rush played BB at the Cleveland show. So only the first part is mildly interesting.

#25 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

The show has been upped over at the Dime in lossless flac

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy - John Bolton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users