#41 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

Red Lenses

Because it was so fucking different from anything I'd ever heard.

#42 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:23 AM

I am in the middle of Yes, The Calling and you had to go and mention Red Lenses so now I hafta go and put that on!

#43 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,249 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

Red Lenses

Because it was so fucking different from anything I'd ever heard.

Definitely the "Vital Signs" off of that album.  Weird little ditty.

#44 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:10 PM

Definitely the "Vital Signs" off of that album.  Weird little ditty.

It hurts my head.

falconext.png

#45 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:39 AM

It hurts my head.

Couldn’t we talk about something else instead?

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#46 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern, MI

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:44 AM

Couldn’t we talk about something else instead?

not blue...

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#47 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

How's this for an epic moment?

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#48 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

^^ I only wish I could have seen Quincy Jones' and Oprah's faces when this was happening. Not that I have anything against them. Just that they come from a different place entirely.. Would love to see that table trying to figure out "Who are these guys, and why is the whole house cheering for them?"

There were a couple of short cuts where you could see Randy Newman - he looked like he was enjoying the Rush related stuff.

falconext.png

#49 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:21 PM

https://www.laweekly...sh-fans-4168484

falconext.png

#50 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:08 PM

Wow he’s triggered. Lol

#51 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:21 AM

Wasn't Jann Wenner the shitbag who once said something to the effect that if he had anything to say about it, Rush would never be in the HoF?

Pure fat, topped with a layer of fat - Alex Lifeson

Rush02.JPG

#52 currygoat11

currygoat11

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:05 AM

One epic moment that stands out for me is this bass lick @  https://youtu.be/YTU...derJS1gZc&t=350

#53 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:27 AM

I wouldn't trust a thing that leftist twat writes. Yeah, I'm sure there was tons of racism coming from Rush fans at that ceremony.  :rolleyes:  Someone probably yelled rap sucks or a couple people gave a random boo or two and from that he draws the conclusion that Rush fans are a collective of racist assholes.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#54 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

I wouldn't trust a thing that leftist twat writes. Yeah, I'm sure there was tons of racism coming from Rush fans at that ceremony.  :rolleyes:  Someone probably yelled rap sucks or a couple people gave a random boo or two and from that he draws the conclusion that Rush fans are a collective of racist assholes.

I agree completely. I think this guy was upset enough, for whatever reason, that he had to grasp at straws to find a way to paint the fans in a bad light.

I do however like his dragon drawings analogy**. He doesn't give a fuck about them, but acknowledges they're art. I've repurposed that analogy a couple of times.

**Even though I think he's referring to the old Rush fan - Dungeons and Dragons thing. Another slight.  I bet he loves Game Of Thrones as much as any of us nerds.

falconext.png

#55 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:02 PM

I wouldn't trust a thing that leftist twat writes. Yeah, I'm sure there was tons of racism coming from Rush fans at that ceremony. :rolleyes: Someone probably yelled rap sucks or a couple people gave a random boo or two and from that he draws the conclusion that Rush fans are a collective of racist assholes.

It’s clearly an example that if you go looking for something you will find it. If not actually finding it, your mind will create the fiction to allow you to believe it.

#56 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,192 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:42 PM

Guys, have you read any of his other articles?  It's his schtick.  He's an asshole in print for money.

Ignore and move on.  Don't give his shock-jock pablum extra clicks.

As for him being a leftist, where the fuck did that come from?

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#57 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:08 PM

LA Weekly is very left.

#58 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:49 PM

Guys, have you read any of his other articles? It's his schtick. He's an asshole in print for money.
Ignore and move on. Don't give his shock-jock pablum extra clicks.

He sounded douchey enough to be one

#59 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,192 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:26 AM

So no actual evidence.  Just using it as a general slur.

And then people wonder why politics in this country is so fucking toxic.  You're part of the problem.

Whatever.  This moment is pretty epic.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#60 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:07 AM

So no actual evidence.  Just using it as a general slur.

How do you feel about his bigoted commentary on Rush fans? Looks like you gave him a pass. "Racist" has been weaponized by the far left. It's not meant to be tossed around as common troll humor when it comes from a well known outlet like LA Weekly. It's meant to damage to reputation. Every reference to Rush fans in that article is either demonizing or ridiculing in nature.

Spike Lee came out dressed as Mookie from Do the Right Thing. Then, Harry Belafonte, the King of Calypso ("Day-O"? "Jump in the Line"?) came out and delivered the most impressive oratory on the importance of Public Enemy imaginable. Flavor Flav said stuff. Rush fans, forgetting that they themselves were not being inducted, booed and chanted, "Rush, Rush, Rush." Then Flav did stuff. And then Public Enemy performed. Anyone paying attention could hear the hushed-but-audible racist remarks from the Rush fans. Flav yelled, "Yeah boyyyyy!"

Here's the Public Enemy induction. Where are these boos and chants of "Rush, Rush, Rush" he claims Rush fans were doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users