#41 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,574 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:27 AM

Were people as scandalized the first time the Doctor changed his hair-color? He was a goddamn SCOTT for Life #12(ish).
His tastes in food change. His mannerisms change.
I think he's allowed to rotate the undercarriage every so often.
Slim's resistance to this is baffling to me.

Nine is a guilty, furious war vet who goes back and meets Dickens.

Fans: Cool!

Ten is a handsome Mockney who goes back and meets Shakespeare, and all his companions fall for him.

Eleven abandons science fiction and solves everything by being an arrogant wizard, and goes back to meet Van Gogh.

Twelve is another wizard who goes back to meet Robin Hood and gets into a cock contest about who is the best fictional hero, then posits we the viewers in dream tanks using said fiction to try to wake us up before we turn into sand.

Fans: Ooh, meta, Super Cool!

Thirteen is a self-doubting woman who goes back to meet Rosa Parks.

Fans: Eeergh, politically correct, not Doctor Who any more, my childhood is betrayed!

#42 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

Were people as scandalized the first time the Doctor changed his hair-color?  He was a goddamn SCOTT for Life #12(ish).
His tastes in food change.  His mannerisms change.

I think he's allowed to rotate the undercarriage every so often.  

Slim's resistance to this is baffling to me.

HE was

HIS hair

HIS tastes

HIS mannerisms

HE'S allowed

All male pronouns, we could be onto something here!

Oh, and:

SCOTT

SCOTT

SCOTT

We have never been privy to the Dr's christian name.

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:59 PM

#44 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,653 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:32 AM

Also explodes this American stereotype about bad dentistry in Britain.

Well I didn't start the Brits have bad teeth thing. I just shamelessly promulgate it.  :D

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#45 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,653 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:36 AM

I hear Rocky Balboa is going to transition to Caitlyn Balboa for Rocky 10: New Beginnings.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#46 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:21 PM

I hear Rocky Balboa is going to transition to Caitlyn Balboa for Rocky 10: New Beginnings.

They're actually going to turn it into a reality TV show. Rocky's kid marries into the Trump family. Drama and hilarity ensue.

falconext.png

#47 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:36 PM

lol!

#48 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:49 AM

HE was

HIS hair

HIS tastes

HIS mannerisms

HE'S allowed

All male pronouns, we could be onto something here!

ae1bbbec1ef940316037e30d081db4cfb03b4e3e

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#49 Valium

Valium

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:37 AM

I heard the working title was Million dollar baby

#50 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

I heard the working title was Million dollar baby

Breed.

falconext.png

#51 Chris Christie

Chris Christie

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTrenton, NJ. For now.

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:57 PM

They're actually going to turn it into a reality TV show. Rocky's kid marries into the Trump family. Drama and hilarity ensue.

I sure hope that Mr Trump calls me in to be part of this. I'd proudly take part in any activity that promotes the Trump brand.

#52 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,653 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:16 PM

Breed.

I see what you did there.  B)

#53 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,574 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:26 PM

Middling episode last night about spiders getting really big when exposed to landfill leachate.

Sort of The Green Death without the entertaining megalomaniac computer.

#54 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

I had some trepidations about Doc turning female, though I kind of figured they were working on easing us into that, with The Master becoming Missy. (Which in itself felt unfortunate, because I don't think John Simm ever really got to be the Master he could've been - they mostly wasted his stint on nonsense like his becoming Prime Minister and then being brought back from the dead as a life-energy devouring parasite propelling himself through the air with energy bolts. It was as if writers were just as confused about what they wanted The Master to be as whoever wrote that Paul McGann Doctor Who movie from 1996 and made him part venom-spitting snake, part Terminator.)

I've acclimated to the sex change. That's not my issue now - it's that Jodie just comes across as not really having her own strong take on the role. It's as if she's playing the character very much like a female version of David Tennant a lot of the time, as if not knowing what else to do with it or how to put her own stamp on it (besides simply being female, the novelty of which is fading fast).

So, yeah...my issue now is that I just wish they'd gotten more of a heavy-hitter actress if they were going to do this. I'd been thinking lately that Tilda Swinton would surely have been amazing in the role, and noticed there were actually rumors of her succeeding Capaldi back in 2017. Swinton would've brought an altogether different energy to the part, something more sophisticated with more genuine presence and depth than we're ever going to see from Whittaker's portrayal. Swinton can say more with one line of dialogue and one of her haunted, quietly-smoldering facial expressions than Whittaker can with a whole minute's worth of her Doctor's manic jabbering.

#55 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:53 PM

I suspected that the producers were looking for just that, a female take on David, and or, Matt. Well, there you have it.

falconext.png

#56 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,574 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:27 AM

Looking back over the series I’d say Jodie is fine but the writers are at fault. It’s aimed at a younger audience and has gone back to the original premise of educating kids. That’s ok. But the scripts are meh. Nothing awful like all that River nonsense, Kill the Moon and Forest of the Night, but nothing really boss like Blink, Midnight and Heaven Sent either.

The emphasis is on family which I like including the continual influence of Grace on Graham. But we’ve been teased about the Doc’s own family and no payoff yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users