55 replies to this topic

#41 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:05 PM

They might not have had to go far. I'm not speaking factually, but I think Ian recorded that show. He may well have had the originals.

That's right! What's his name Ian Grady? Or didn't that Skip Gildersleeve provide some board tapes too?

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy - John Bolton

#42 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:50 PM

There must be thousands of copies of Rush boots out there so that doesn’t seem likely. They could just download them from Dimeadozen, Traders Den or other sites.

There’s some naive nonsense about this here where Andy Curran who is responsible for compiling the anniversary editions talks utter shite such as “In terms of a choice of rarities, this was a recording where if you searched diligently you might have been able to find bits and pieces of it online from people who had recorded it.“

http://news.2112.net...rran-talks.html

Alternatively you could just go on to the Amazon UK site and buy a CD of the radio broadcast (it’s also on the German site). 😂

https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B06WD5MKML

#43 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

http://www.musiclife...nd-hemispheres/

Well this is news to me

We worked closely with the Pink Pop Festival and a radio station and television station in the Netherlands that broadcasted it and got the full show. Which was really cool, because Elvis Costello was on the bill, and so were The Police – a very eclectic lineup in 1979,” he explained.

so does this mean an upgrade in sq and more material? Because the track listing posted does not suggest that.

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

#44 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:03 PM

But they didn’t get the full show.

#45 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:47 PM

well that's where I get confused - the track listing posted is not the full set but Curran's statement says otherwise and even suggests source tapes may have been used. Wishful thinking but maybe?  :shrug:

#46 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:23 PM

When he says “the full show”, going by the reference to Elvis Costello and The Police in the following sentence, perhaps he means that the radio and TV stations recorded all the bands. The reference to the other acts makes no sense otherwise.

#47 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:50 PM

Hell I saw Elvis and the Police at the Hollywood Bowl in 2007- not that diverse a bill!

#48 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:00 AM

The absurdity of these radio broadcasts being repackaged and sold on Amazon, is out of control. This may be the worst one yet, from the hilarious art work to the dog's breakfast of a track listing

can't c&p the link but the title is "Rush Live, Radio Broadcast" hilariously awful

#49 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:27 AM

#50 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:52 AM

The absurdity of these radio broadcasts being repackaged and sold on Amazon, is out of control. This may be the worst one yet, from the hilarious art work to the dog's breakfast of a track listing

can't c&p the link but the title is "Rush Live, Radio Broadcast" hilariously awful

I googled that and all I got was links to Rush Limbaugh :o

#51 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:05 AM

I don’t know about in your part of the world but here in the UK most of those FM broadcast releases are being streamed on Amazon Music.

#52 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

I googled that and all I got was links to Rush Limbaugh :o

quadnecks.jpg

https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B00Z06Y4QK

#53 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:40 PM

Lol^^^

#54 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:51 PM

Cheap Rush

falconext.png

#55 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

Yeah that's the one Slim! Looks like Lifeson got into Rick Neilson's guitar stash and Geddy raided Chris Squire's collection

#56 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:47 AM

If they were playing slugs, I’d buy the damn thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users