5 replies to this topic

#1 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,431 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

Musicians, if you have any old original songs you'd like to air out on the Internet, post them here. Would love to hear them. Mind you, this thread isn't for your latest, greatest masterpieces. Post anything brand new to a dedicated thread. 

I believe this first one called "Position of the Sun" dates back to 1992 and is one of many demos I recorded back then with my trusty old Yamaha MT-100 4-tracker. Forgive the sound quality. This is early '90s home recording tech here. I recorded the guitars directly in with a Zoom effects processor and used a Shure SM58 mic for the vocals. The "bass" is really just my Gibson Explorer adjusted to sound bass-y. lol.

https://soundcloud.c...tion-of-the-sun

The Yamaha MT-100

yamaha-mt100-ii-1165633.jpg

I used Roland TR- 626 drum machine for this song and many others back then.

roland-tr626.jpg

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#2 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

Great idea for a thread.

#3 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,431 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

Also, they don't have to be full songs with vocals and drums and everything. They can be parts of songs, riffs, jams, backing track solos, flute shredding, your best oboe work, whatevs. Anything original is great but you can even post covers if you want. I'm not a stickler about "the rules."

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#4 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

I'll have to find a copy of the cassette demo I made 25 years ago and digitalize it.

Hey...where's Perry?

#5 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

I'll have to find a copy of the cassette demo I made 25 years ago and digitalize it.

Hey...where's Perry?

#6 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,431 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:49 AM

Popular thread! Don't post too many songs now!  :)  Maybe Peeps don't like posting their old songs to a thread that's entitled "Dumping Ground." lol.

This one was written and recorded in 1991 on the same equipment listed in the OP. Might be the proggiest thing I've ever done. I presented this vocal-less version to the singer in my band at the time and he added lyrics and a melody to it. Unfortunately, I can't find that version on my current computer. Here's hoping I can find it somewhere, on a disc or on my old computer. It's surely on an old tape but I don't have a working cassette player to digitize it. Meanwhile, I like this version enough to post it.

"Delusion"

https://soundcloud.c...delusion-no-vox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users