#21 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,099 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:17 AM

This came up in my feed this morning. False beliefs are perhaps encouraged.

https://www.sciencea...e-beliefs-stick

This is why I engage in so many arguments here.  I'd like to think we're all chiseling away at and refining each others' worldviews.  Not any one person has a monopoly on a "true" perspective of reality, and it's worth your time to hear from other people (and actually listen to them, not like what GW does)

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#22 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

Edit:  Aside from CoolHardLogic, other good channels to watch, if you're interested, are: GreaterSapien, SciManDan, Wolfie6020, VoysovReason, Conspiracy Catz, and others.

I'm familiar with all of those apart from the first one. While I applaud him for having a go, I have to say that Dan doesn't quite seem to have the same grasp of the principles involved as the others, and his content is actually quite light on science. In his most recent example he came up with a fairly poor analogy to explain why recordings of hurricane cloud formations appear static when viewed from hundreds of km above the surface and I wasn't quite sure that he understood it himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users