#1 BK 2112

BK 2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:06 PM

Hope all are well.
"Enjoy every sandwich" ~ Warren Zevon "You only ride the marble once" ~ My Father-in-Law "Might as well, can't dance" ~ also my F-i-L

#2 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,997 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

Just waiting for Florence to pass through the Charlotte area and move it's ass out of my new home state.

This storm is moving slow - it's insane. While I don't expect the worst of it, I just want it over with. So I can know for sure, and just move on.

Thank you for the thread, and for asking.

falconext.png

#3 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationSenior Administrator of Hormone Division, Department of Puberty

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:12 AM

Dodged a bullet in the Raleigh area.

But no work for 2 nights due to the hysteria.

So, thanks Flo.
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#4 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,997 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:58 PM

It's raining pretty darn heavy here in Union County. (Just outside of Charlotte) I don't have any immediate concerns about flooding or power outages for my neighborhood anymore.

Feel absolutely awful about the devastation further east. Fuck me. Going be making a donation to the Red Cross or some other disaster relief. 

We had made a point of vising the Carolina Beach area pretty much since we moved here, every couple of weeks.  On the drive, we pass through a lot of the affected areas you guys are seeing on TV.  It's mindblowing to recognize some of those places now, and see the destruction and flooding. Carolina Beach, just a stones throw from Wrightsville - which is where Florence came ashore.

falconext.png

#5 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:29 PM

If Houston is any guide, the worst may still come after the storm is gone as the rivers drain and flood. Hurricanes are truly terrible, miserable things.

LYqbjSn.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users