#21 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:12 AM

Chances are I was sitting in the living room watching TV, not thinking one bit about Rush. I'd seen them a few days earlier and knew it was over, so I'd moved on.

Yeah, I was happy to see them for the last time on the Clockwork Angels tour. I knew even then that every tour might be their last and I hadn't seen them live since 2002 so I figured I better get my ass in gear. It turns out that was more than good enough for me as my last Rush show.  

Pure fat, topped with a layer of fat - Alex Lifeson

Rush02.JPG

#22 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:49 AM

Better 8 than never.

falconext.png

#23 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

While clicking this thread up I am watching tracks from their T4E tour, Molson Amp. Didn't know these have been posted until now. Renews memories and appreciation for their sizable catalog. Neil is wearing a brace on his elbow. I wonder if that is because of an injury or riding/playing related,

Now that I have this thread up I am watching, Losing It in Toronto.

Three years ago, I was most likely thinking of my friends who were attending the show, enjoying my memories of the San Jose gig. The sound mix was horrific but I air drummed the whole show so it was less noticeable. 

Actually, I think it was only 7. Is there a show called Seven is Enough? lol.

Gilligan's Island

#24 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,948 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

As if Rush come on the Radio...

Still can't believe it was me that so nearly bumped into him on the Ferry :)

And to think they probably have your picture on a wall somewhere under a sign that says "Security risk!!! Avoid this guy at all costs!"

#25 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:22 PM

My long time friend and Rush traveling partner Brian were at the LA show. We could only get separate seats, both on Als side of the stage, same hundreds level, but different sections. We were bummed not to be sitting together at our last Rush show, but we were there in the building, cant complain really.

I was standing with Brian at his seat pre-show, no one was in the seat next to him yet. The show video started, no one yet, I tell Brian, I'm staying there till the person comes for this seat. No one ever showed! Great bit of luck along with scoring seemingly the last 2 available show posters. We hit every merch stand we could find and the last one we came across had 2 left, We checked a an others we saw after that, we wanted to grab one for a friend but no luck. This wasn't long before showtime, so no surprise they would be gone by then. I don't recall if the band advertised those posters, so we had no reason to get there early, we were packing in as much sight seeing as possible. Also, thankfully, the anime show that was recently at the Forum left a load of poster tubes behind so the merch peeps were giving those out with the posters.

So many little victories that night............see what I did there. :ph34r:

#26 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:24 AM

CONGRATULATIONS to those who were able to attend the final bow!

The "guy" :lol: who's seat you had was having his bromance at another seat that was a no-show ...and so on ...and so on.

#27 TimC

TimC

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:40 AM

I was there.

Very emotional show. Losing It was fucking incredible.

Neil’s drums sounded like ass though. And his performance said all that needed to be said about his desire to play in Rush.

And this is why I'm glad my last tour was R30. It was not what their shows had been, but parts of it were as good as ever. I guess by then NEP was long checked out but it still came across as convincing.

#28 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:23 AM

BUT YOU MISSED EUGENE LEVY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users