Very sad news  :(  :(

#22 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,071 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:45 PM

I think there was a thread where Orf posted some of BC's old photoshops. Anyone know which thread I'm talking about? They were quite popular on the board back in the day. Would be nice to post some of those here.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#23 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

Really sad.  BC was a fun guy and I liked it when he popped into a thread.

Condolences, if any of his family or friends reads this.  

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#24 TheTrinity

TheTrinity

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:20 AM

Much, much too young. Condolences to his friends and family.

#25 BK 2112

BK 2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

Sorry to hear. RIP
"Enjoy every sandwich" ~ Warren Zevon "You only ride the marble once" ~ My Father-in-Law "Might as well, can't dance" ~ also my F-i-L

#26 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

If anyone knows (obit or otherwise) about donation wishes or family requests, etc, I’d appreciate a heads up.
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#27 Hundred Names

Hundred Names

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationHippietown Central -- where the wombats and tardigrades roam free!

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

If anyone knows (obit or otherwise) about donation wishes or family requests, etc, I’d appreciate a heads up.

This was posted on FB, but I don't know how private or not it's intended to be.

https://www.facebook...04002866887259/

#28 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationBolton

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

Terrible news. 38 ridiculously young.

BC RIP
A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.

#29 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationDetroit, ROCK City

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

I found this: I did not know BJ but enjoyed his presence here. He will be missed...

35190897_10156227762956745_6788927025215

Annie's Ruff House Doggie Daycare and Boarding StudioLike Page

Dear Friends,

It is with great sadness that we must inform all of you of the sudden and unexpected passing of our family member BJ Francisco. He had worked for Annie's Ruff House for 7 years. He was family, a team mate, a dear friend, and the backbone of Annie's Ruff House. We are closing to the public for Tuesday June 12, 2018 to allow us all to grieve, and hug, and tell BJ stories. We will honor any boarding appointments, and we will care for the dogs in the faciity like we always do. We just need a minute to catch our breath and reflect on this great man's existence in our lives. We will resume regular doggy daycare appointments on Wednesday, and we will not be adding any clients onto doggy daycare for the remainder of the week. We will be back to regular business Monday June 18, 2018. Feel free to call for appointments for that week. We appreciate your patience as we work through this difficult time. BJ was a very important member of our team. We will be managing our grief and filling the hole in the pack.

Thank you for your kindness during this heavy time.

Sereta and Rob Wilson, Kate Bierman, and Staff of Annies

IMG_3769_zps61319671.jpg

20b17b4b-a49a-4567-bd13-f55bbbaf7850.jpg

#30 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

Rest in peace Border Collie.    I didnt know you but your a RUSH Fan and thats enough for me !     :(

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

#31 The Great Zo

The Great Zo

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:56 AM

Not the best of circumstances to be making my first post here in years, but our friend deserves the best tribute I can give him.

The rest of the world knew him as BJ, but we knew him as BC -- short for his chosen name of bordercollie. It was a tribute to the dogs he and a friend lived with at the time, probably close to 20 years ago. This is very sad news for this community -- for people still around here, and for friends who have gone elsewhere. What newer people at Counterparts may not realize is that this place probably doesn't evolve the way it did over the past two decades without his contributions. You can go back to the Board Wars, and he was right there with all of us. You can go back to the Bored Wars -- lol -- and there he was again, defending his closest friends and trying to have some fun in the process. BC was a guy who was very private and reserved in person, and much more loose and open on a computer. Know this: if he trolled you, he liked you. If he picked at you, he cared. If you were someone he put effort into, you were someone he wanted in his life. The online Rush community was really important to him, and it gave him a chance to be free.

Those who paid the most attention to his posts, and those who knew him best even outside of the internet, knew he had a quick wit and a sneakily-sharp sense of humor. To this day I'll never know how he came up with all his little inside jokes and quirky sayings. He'd be three little jokes past you before you caught on to the first one. I may never understand how his brain worked, but I know I'll never meet anyone who can do the same.

BC had also been traveling extensively over the past few years, and among other things was working on visiting as many state high points as he could. His last was Campbell Hill in Ohio -- his 8th state high point overall -- which he visited just one week before he died.

On a personal note, I'm one of probably few whose friendship with him went beyond a computer screen. We met up in person three times over the past decade, and most recently on May 18th. That was just a month ago, and just about three weeks before he passed. That makes this whole thing all the harder to fathom and process. But give the guy credit for getting the last laugh on me -- he scored a comeback upset victory in a game of mini golf, taking the win on a tiebreaker. That golf game is going to live in infamy!

To my good friend, occasional antagonist, D5 co-conspirator, and all-around person who made the internet an entertaining place for the past two decades... farewell.

#32 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,005 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

Nice to see some familiar faces back. Wish it were better circumstances. It’s weddings and funerals you see old friends and I wish we had more weddings and less funerals.

#33 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,793 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:04 AM

38 is way too young . So very sad. May he rest in peace.

falconext.png

#34 Hiker

Hiker

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

I haven't posted at CP in over 7 years (I was LonelyHiker in an earlier incarnation), but have popped in occasionally to read up from time to time.

Very sad to hear about BC's most untimely passing..I met him and had a brief conversation while attending the Dallas show during the Vapor Trails tour. Seemed like a really nice fellow.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

#35 Howler Monkey

Howler Monkey

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Rest in pieces, bpderpup. Zo said it well. BC was a huge part of the Counterparts glory days. For better and for worse, this place would not have been the same without him. He made me laugh and smile more times than I could ever remember.

#36 Inspector 12

Inspector 12

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationInland West

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Jeeze...old faces, old friends. Wow, blasts from the past.  BC was both a friend and adversary.  We had our arguments, but we also had many laughs.  In-jokes abounds!  I'll miss you, my friend.  :(

Could be meat, could be cake.

#37 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,793 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:03 AM

I will never grow tired of the dancing quaalude.

falconext.png

#38 Wandering Pixie

Wandering Pixie

• Moderators
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

Wow, I just saw this.

I didn’t know bordercollie well, but I often saw his posts around over the years, particularly in the late 2000s.

He was the same age as I am. Definitely far too young. :(

#39 The Gangster of Boats

The Gangster of Boats

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:31 AM

Oh crap.  BC was an awesome peep.

Met too many years ago for a brief time in person.

The Counterparts Hit Kitteh is back!  

#40 sbach66

sbach66

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFLA

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:59 PM

Well, shit. RIP, BC, and thoughts out to his family and friends. Too young.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users