59 replies to this topic

#41 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:09 AM

Neil Peart is an amazing amiable kind of guy. Had a meet and greet with him. Long conversation about Rush and Yes and their non entry into the RnRHoF. Almost missed band meeting and the show. Super intelligent and articulate guy. Loves fans

I just wanted to see how that would look.  :P

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#42 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:51 PM

Basically my ‘famous person you’d like to have dinner with scenario’.

#43 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,795 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:47 AM

The only part that's true is super intelligent and articulate.

Otherwise he's a grump who hates his fans, and wishes Rush had never happened except for the money and time spent riding between shows.

falconext.png

#44 TimC

TimC

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

Dave Mustaine is an amazing amiable kind of guy. Had a meet and greet with him. Long conversation about Rush and Yes and their non entry into the RnRHoF. Almost missed band meeting and the show. Super intelligent and articulate guy. Loves fans

That's cool. Based on rep I woulda thought he was kind of a dick.

#45 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,008 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

The only part that's true is super intelligent and articulate.

Otherwise he's a grump who hates his fans, and wishes Rush had never happened except for the money and time spent riding between shows.

He’d have to be really drunk first. Maybe a handful of prosaic too.

#46 TimC

TimC

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:18 AM

He’d have to be really drunk first. Maybe a handful of prosaic too.

#47 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:29 AM

'Prosaic' is an appropriate autocorrect for NEP.

#48 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,795 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:23 PM

Even when he's happy, he's displeased.

falconext.png

#49 TimC

TimC

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:54 AM

Heh, it's a pretty big mark on what should be a legendary legacy to be remembered this way. Too bad.

#50 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:59 AM

Even when he's happy, he's displeased.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#51 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

Heh, it's a pretty big mark on what should be a legendary legacy to be remembered this way. Too bad.

I don't think he cares much.

The one thing that puzzles me is that for an artist who has always placed great emphasis on his drumming chops, he's not interested in doing that anymore. Now, who knows, maybe he still plays casually in his home, I don't know. However, people do change and maybe it's just not important to him anymore. 

Pure fat, topped with a layer of fat - Alex Lifeson

Rush02.JPG

#52 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,008 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:56 PM

I don't think he cares much.

The one thing that puzzles me is that for an artist who has always placed great emphasis on his drumming chops, he's not interested in doing that anymore. Now, who knows, maybe he still plays casually in his home, I don't know. However, people do change and maybe it's just not important to him anymore. 

As for his drumming, he's entitled to do what he wants but really he should work on adapting his drumming into something else.  I'm sure he wants to stay creative and perhaps doing some jazz drumming or a world music exploration might be something that taps into that.  He could become a "smaller drummer" and not hurt his body and keep his creative musical side that way.  Seems a terrible waste just to stop.

#53 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

He could become a "smaller drummer" and not hurt his body

Rolling Stones tribute band?

#54 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

I'm not so sure he wants to stay creative. He's done. Can't get into his head, but I think he's always considered his craft more "work" than "art". Yes, he was creative with his drumming and song writing, but that was more a function of his work ethic, I think. This is my profession and I have to be the best. If music didn't work out for him, he would've been the best tractor parts salesman in Canada.

This is the NEP postcard to Donna Halper she posted the other day from April 1975..

https://www.rushisab...from-Neil-Peart

Hello, Just a line to let you know I'm still drawing breath. I guess there is not much news I could tell you that you don't already know, suffice to say that everything is going terrifically except I'm beginning to get homesick, and have no expectations of getting home before July (sniff!) (note sentence structure) The new album is pretty well written and will be recorded in July. It's going to be a killer!! Out of room and out of breath

Expired, Neil

hope to see you soon

Bold emphasis is mine. Honestly, what 23 y/o artist talks like this. Homesick on the FBN tour...Jesus, what a tortured career.

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#55 Wandering Pixie

Wandering Pixie

• Moderators
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:03 PM

^^^ No. And drinking is not allowed at RushCon.

:coffee spit monitor: :lol:

:Cheers3:

#56 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,795 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:29 PM

Hi Donna,

I'm still here. Not much to say except that the tour is great but I'm homesick. Don't mean to take my success for granted, but I thought I'd complain to you that I miss being at home. Boo hoo. The new album will put us down the tubes for sure. We'll have only one more shot after this failure. Hope it works out, otherwise I'll be home forever.

Neil

falconext.png

#57 TimC

TimC

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

his is the NEP postcard to Donna Halper she posted the other day from April 1975..

https://www.rushisab...from-Neil-Peart

Jeez, what a tool shed that comments section is, too. Neil is great! Thanks for sharing! Etc.

Yeah...I mean it's "good"? to know the guy was some kind of loser and only 2/3 of the band ever actually enjoyed it THE WHOLE TIME instead of just the later years...I'm not gonna be trumpeting how the guy is "a real person" or whatever though! Ingrate and pathetically un-fun dude....

#58 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:21 AM

Rolling Stones tribute band?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#59 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

Bold emphasis is mine. Honestly, what 23 y/o artist talks like this. Homesick on the FBN tour...Jesus, what a tortured career.

Yeah, I think he just wants to do things that are fun to him now. He played a thousand gigs from here to Brazil and this is a guy who hates touring. All I can say at this point is enjoy your retirement.

#60 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

A Californian guy now .  (Actually for a while now) Yes happy Retirement Neil.  Wonder how often he sees his rush mates.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users