#21 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

^^^ I'd be more worried about that.

not worried in the least. I'd be more worried that a crack pot like Alex Jones isn't behind bars. Encouraging members of his delusional audience to commit acts of terror ought to be against some law and surely selling "health supplements" tainted with lead ought to be against some other type of law.

Anyway, back on point - southern states run by Sheriff Buford T. Justice tourists not welcome, travel at your own peril

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy - John Bolton

#22 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,006 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

not worried in the least. I'd be more worried that a crack pot like Alex Jones isn't behind bars. Encouraging members of his delusional audience to commit acts of terror ought to be against some law and surely selling "health supplements" tainted with lead ought to be against some other type of law.

Anyway, back on point - southern states run by Sheriff Buford T. Justice tourists not welcome, travel at your own peril

OMG, I can't believe that you're suggesting suppressing speech like that.

#23 Oak

Oak

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Florida welcomes Canadian snow birds. Keep expanding Universal Basic Income programs so more of your citizens can enjoy our beautiful beaches. We love wealth redistribution from our northern neighbors. 😎

#24 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

OMG, I can't believe that you're suggesting suppressing speech like that.

I believe in free speech but am against the perversion of free speech - which is to deliberately lie, mislead, obfuscate, spreading hate and fear. I am no free speech absolutist. The Protocols of the elders of zion and Mein Kampf should only be published in its' proper context. 

Alex Jones should be in jail many times over

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

#25 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:13 AM

I believe in free speech but am against the perversion of free speech - which is to deliberately lie, mislead, obfuscate, spreading hate and fear. I am no free speech absolutist. The Protocols of the elders of zion and Mein Kampf should only be published in its' proper context.

Alex Jones should be in jail many times over

By those guidelines you’d be banned from this board for life

#26 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

Well you're in the position of power so that's up to you. Not sure where I lied or promoted hate - in fact I've made a point whenI've been wrong on the facts, to admit as much, but you're the judge/jury/executioner so I don't warrant a trial. 

I view "freedom of speech" issues in the context of the microphone, printing press or position of power. Guy chatting with friends or on the street corner doesn't have the same responsibilities to truth, human rights and justice. Just my opinion - it's not like I'm a slave owner with all the wisdom that that entailed.

#27 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

She made it all the way to Georgia?     Well done Emily.

:mellow:

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

#28 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

Ronnie, would you swipe a hat?

#29 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

MAGA is the new Swastika to some and they have a point but no I wouldn't take someone's stupid MAGA hat from them. But I like her chutzpah and whiny little MAGA bitch can go fuck himself

#30 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

MAGA is the new Swastika to some and they have a point but no I wouldn't take someone's stupid MAGA hat from them. But I like her chutzpah and whiny little MAGA bitch can go fuck himself

MAGA is just a concept that every president even Obama has adopted.  It's just what they mean when they say MAGA.  Basically MAGA under Trump means a return to Republican values, just as for Obama it was a return to Democratic values.  Nothing to see here, move along!

Seriously, put on your big girl panties liberals.  This is going to be a wild ride.

#31 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:33 AM

Basically MAGA under Trump means a return to Republican values

Does it?  You have said, in this very forum, that he's not a "real" Republican.
Which is it?

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#32 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:43 AM

MAGA is just a concept that every president even Obama has adopted.  It's just what they mean when they say MAGA.  Basically MAGA under Trump means a return to Republican values, just as for Obama it was a return to Democratic values.  Nothing to see here, move along!

Seriously, put on your big girl panties liberals.  This is going to be a wild ride.

values like separating children from their parents? Plenty of people are recognizing Trump admin and its' authoritarian tendencies for what it is. Trump admires dictators and is trying to emulate them. 

#33 Oak

Oak

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

values like separating children from their parents? Plenty of people are recognizing Trump admin and its' authoritarian tendencies for what it is. Trump admires dictators and is trying to emulate them. 

Protecting our borders is wrong because smuggled children might be separated from their criminal parents?  I would be more concerned if Trump admired Marxist professors and tried to emulate them like our past president.

#34 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

Criminals eh? People seeking a safer and better life are criminals in your eyes? Give me your tired and poor..., indeed.

Good job of the US and Canada turning away the SS St. Louis - that boat load of would be criminals. Shame on Canada to comply with Dulles's wishes.

#35 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

Criminals eh? People seeking a safer and better life are criminals in your eyes? Give me your tired and poor..., indeed.

Moral concerns aside, if you break a law, you are a criminal.  That's not to say the law itself is just or proper, just that it is a law, and breaking it, by definition, makes you a criminal.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users