34 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

Apparently Ontario and presumably a Canadian driver license isn't valid in the state of Georgia. Is this how America operates now, shaking down tourists and visitors because no one wants to pay taxes down there? 

A lot of people I work with now talk about avoiding travel in the states - too unstable. 

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy - John Bolton

#2 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, because one incident equals how the whole country operates. Could you be any more dense?

Hopefully the idiot cop will get more training because he obviously didn't understand it the first time. That being said, many countries don't recognize licenses from other countries.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#3 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,005 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:49 PM

Foreign drivers licenses aren't recognized by just about any state, but we exempt Canada and Mexico (of course).  This cop didn't get the memo or failed geography. 

#4 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

Lock her up.
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#5 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

Apparently Ontario and presumably a Canadian driver license isn't valid in the state of Georgia. Is this how America operates now, shaking down tourists and visitors because no one wants to pay taxes down there?

A lot of people I work with now talk about avoiding travel in the states - too unstable.

Well in Canada they imprison comedians for telling jokes so...

#6 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, because one incident equals how the whole country operates. Could you be any more dense?

Hopefully the idiot cop will get more training because he obviously didn't understand it the first time. That being said, many countries don't recognize licenses from other countries.

I've yet to hear about an American getting locked up for driving in Canada, but perhaps it's time we built a wall

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

#7 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,071 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:51 AM

That's a drug mule if I ever saw one.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#8 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:32 AM

Was this Hazzard County, Georgia?

Attached File  D382144B-6CA4-44D4-B0DF-4486286E8D45.jpeg   213.44K   2 downloads

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#9 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,071 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:30 AM

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#10 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,794 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:15 AM

Cooters0106.jpg

falconext.png

#11 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:35 AM

27ao1x.jpg

#12 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:37 AM

616b74d5-413c-448d-8ef2-0d12b2b93370.jpg

#13 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

Well in Canada they imprison comedians for telling jokes so...

https://nypost.com/2...-over-ice-joke/

#14 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

The federal government tends to overreact to even the mention of killing a federal official/officer, even if it's obviously in jest.
This is not really a recent, or a partisan, development here.  "Zero tolerance = zero thought/nuance."

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#15 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

Did you think his “jokes” were funny in any way? Politics aside, the funny flew right over my head.

#16 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:20 AM

Did you think his “jokes” were funny in any way? Politics aside, the funny flew right over my head.

Wasn't commenting on how funny the jokes were  - you made a silly statement, I responded in kind

#17 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:49 AM

Ok so a tribunal then:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...bunal-1.3689465

#18 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:09 AM

Ok so a tribunal then:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...bunal-1.3689465

Yeah - so? 

#19 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,071 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:28 AM

^^^ I'd be more worried about that.

#20 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:23 AM

"Georgia recognizes unexpired driver’s licenses issued to and held by residents of other countries as long as the foreign license is unexpired. Generally, you may drive in Georgia for up to one year on an unexpired foreign license. Please note that in the case of a driver's license issued by the driver's licensing authority of a foreign country, a law officer may consult such person's passport or visa to verify the validity of such license, if available."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users