Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:59 PM

^^^

It’s almost as if the Earth isn’t flat :D

76b8faac53cc7ba2fa8cc7c86c56de54.jpg

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#43 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,798 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:19 PM

You youts of today just don't know how good you have it. In my day, if I wanted electricity, Grandpa had to put me on the roof with a lightning rod.

falconext.png

#44 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,798 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:05 PM

Population-cartogram_World.png

falconext.png

#45 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:03 PM

^^fucking staggering.

Every single one of those has to eat. And then screw to make yet more people.

#46 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:32 AM

Evan Comen, 24/7 Wall Street Published 7:02 a.m. ET Aug. 10, 2018 | Updated 8:08 a.m. ET Aug. 10, 2018

Dating is big business in the United States. According to a survey conducted by online dating service Match.com, the average unmarried American spent $1,596 on dating in 2016. Some 68% of surveyed men want to find love this year, and the proliferation of online dating applications has made it easier to meet more people, go on more dates, and ultimately spend more money.

In addition to Americans going on more dates, the average date may be getting more expensive. According to the National Association of Theatre Owners, the average price of a movie ticket has risen from $5.06 in 1999 to $8.97 in 2017, and the average cost of a liter of wine has risen from $5.09 to $12.38.

The average cost of a date today -- consisting of two dinners, a bottle of wine, and two movie tickets -- adds up to $102.32. Many of the cost components of the average date vary by state, as well as factors such as taxes, travel costs, and overall costs of living, making dating far more expensive in some parts of the country than others.

I need to move to Kansas.  I look pretty cheap in FL.

LYqbjSn.jpg

#47 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,984 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:07 AM

Not a single infographic, but for those who like them, and data presented beautifully in general, I present Data is Beautiful.

Here's a sample of something on their front page right now.

fzrwnxvswvm11.png

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users