20 replies to this topic

#1 DustoftheStars

DustoftheStars

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:09 PM

I hope everyone we know is okay. I know some arent, apparently theres some fatalities.
https://globalnews.c...te-van-toronto/
I don't know, but it's been said: You do or don't and then you're dead
So climb away, get higher, son- never straight, just move ahead
Know, my child, that there is no devil seekin' to cause guilt in the hearts to men.
No evil, save blind faith, ignorance, and the desire for the unprepared to blame others for the devastation left in the wake of change.
Fear not the movement of the heavens above or the earth below for change is what we are, my child.
And if we are reflections of the divine we must roll with these changes, for we are these changes.  

3eebf325-0d00-4d61-8f78-ecc2e0d4f04a.jpg

#2 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:33 PM

thanks for your concern - probably should be in the current events forum

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy - John Bolton

#3 DustoftheStars

DustoftheStars

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

ok. i havent been here in a while. I just thought i'd post it here bec of the Rushy neighborhood.
Know, my child, that there is no devil seekin' to cause guilt in the hearts to men.
No evil, save blind faith, ignorance, and the desire for the unprepared to blame others for the devastation left in the wake of change.
Fear not the movement of the heavens above or the earth below for change is what we are, my child.
And if we are reflections of the divine we must roll with these changes, for we are these changes.  

#4 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:04 PM

At least the perp was taken alive...  :(

#5 DustoftheStars

DustoftheStars

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

yes!

#6 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

Also, apparently, a white guy.  

But it's NOT TERRORISM.  So don't worry...it's just a tragedy.

#7 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

police showed an amazing amount of restraint, that guy made 2 or 3 very quick motions like he was drawing a gun (likely cell phone), looks to me (and this is 100% speculation on my part) like he wanted to do the suicide by cop. 

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

#8 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,598 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:34 AM

police showed an amazing amount of restraint, that guy made 2 or 3 very quick motions like he was drawing a gun (likely cell phone), looks to me (and this is 100% speculation on my part) like he wanted to do the suicide by cop. 

They just showed the video and he was clearly trying to get the cops to shoot him. Too bad for him it didn't work so he can go to prison unless he can kill himself before that. I doubt he has the guts to do so.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#9 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,149 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:35 AM

Hope all of our friends here are ok. Thanks Ronnie for checking in.

#10 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

Looks like he is a 25 year old frustrated with how his life wasn't turning out like he thought it should.

25 years old

- lives at home

- enlisted with the Canadian Armed Forces but quit 2 months in

- attending a community college

Bummed out that the ladies wouldn't worship him like he felt they should and it's all he could stands

#11 DustoftheStars

DustoftheStars

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:04 AM

classic.

#12 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:16 AM

There are so many ways to get the cops to kill you.  Maybe pick one that doesn't involve taking a dozen other people with you, fucknugget.
Human garbage.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#13 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:41 AM

Just jump off a bridge or something. Why take out innocents?

falconext.png

#14 snow_patrol

snow_patrol

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:21 PM

Is this what #winning looks like?  

I keep waiting for the #winning to begin and I keep seeing shit like this. 

#15 Rick N Backer

Rick N Backer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

Belongs in an off-topic section, no?

#16 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:37 AM

Is this what #winning looks like?  

I keep waiting for the #winning to begin and I keep seeing shit like this. 

Snnoowww!

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#17 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:01 AM

So, he was apparently an incel.

Ugh.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#18 Oak

Oak

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:58 AM

So, he was apparently an incel.

Ugh.

I had to look up incel.   :o 

https://www.theguard...errorises-women

I went to a fundraiser last night for an organization that assists victims of domestic violence.  I learned that in the U.S., 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men are domestic violence survivors.  I would not be surprised if incels were exposed to domestic violence at some point in their past.  If you are experiencing domestic violence, I urge you to reach out for assistance.  This link provides more statistics and information about domestic violence.

https://www.casa-stp...mestic-violence

#19 TimC

TimC

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:48 AM

So... Yes the guy is a fucko but Moderator this should be moved. Nothing to do with Rush.

#20 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,149 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

So... Yes the guy is a fucko but Moderator this should be moved. Nothing to do with Rush.

Agree.  I was on vacation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users