#22 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:23 AM

I'm down at 11 stone 2. Dropped 8 pounds over the summer.
It'll all come creeping back on now Autumn's on the way.

70 kg. No wonder you're so quick up the hills....

I seem to have dropped to 99 in the last three or four days. Wanted to be 90 by now.

#23 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

Dropping weight certainly helps in hill climbing. Doesn't feel any easier though, you just get surprised by how "quickly" you've gone up - as I was today. Went out for an 80 miler today, including Cromford Hill, just over a mile @ 8%,glad I've done it, but never again!

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:14 AM

Back from Amiens where I toured the Somme battlefield with sixty riders.

My group rode 176 miles in three days. I chose the slowest of three groups - notre nom était Le Lantern Rouge - but by day two some people who had not trained enough dropped out and we beat the intermediate group on days two and three! We even beat the hill whippet group into Albert, albeit with a thirty minute head start.

It was nice getting into a line, all in matching kit, rolling at 15 mph across beautiful Northern France in sunny weather. The French have a cycling culture so the drivers are more tolerant than those in the U.K. We got plenty of shouts of “Allez, allez!”

Visited Thiepval Monument, the American Monument (pointlessly, Pershing kept on attacking right up to the ceasefire so the last American soldier fell at 1059 hours on 11/11), the South Africa Monument, the Ulster Tower, and Armistice Glade where the Armistice was signed in 1918 (and 1940).

I learned that Pershing would not integrate white units into the Entente armies as requested, but was happy to let black troops serve alongside the French, who of course had many soldiers from North and Central Africa.

We raised £55K to date for British Armed Forces veterans and their families. Some riders raised £4K or £5K by themselves.

#25 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Had the front mech looked at today as I was struggling to change from the big to small rings. I was told the derailleur had dropped.

Also told that cassette and chain are shot. One more sportive, then I will have them replaced in spring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users