#81 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Perhaps, but I don't think so. Hasn't Geddy and Alex said all along that there is no Rush without all three of them? Replacing Neil isn't an option. No, I think this is nothing more than Neil reiterating that he's done.

Things could change of course but that would really be out of character for all three of them.  The only way I could see them replacing Neil would be with Neil's explicit permission, and even then I'm not sure Alex and Geddy would be comfortable calling it Rush.

Pure fat, topped with a layer of fat - Alex Lifeson

Rush02.JPG

#82 AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationBabylon, though I'd love to spend a night in Zion

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Yes, Geddy and Alex have been very clear that Rush is the three of them. They've also said they're always recording ideas in their home studios and are eager to do something, so it's just a matter of time when we see Geddy and Al do something together.

#83 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

http://www.rushisaba...-book-Uncharted

Neil wrote a review of Bill Bruford's latest book and signed it "-Neil Peart, former drummer and lyricist, Rush"

Why include the "former" bit?

Not sure he did - to me it looks like someone else has ascribed that quote to him, and picked that description.

#84 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,191 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

Yes, Geddy and Alex have been very clear that Rush is the three of them. They've also said they're always recording ideas in their home studios and are eager to do something, so it's just a matter of time when we see Geddy and Al do something together.

They’re lifelong musical friends. I’m sure they will

#85 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

They’re lifelong musical friends. I’m sure they will

How about all instrumental in the spirit of the 70s albums where they just go crazy and show off their chops and produced by Broon

Yeah, never happen 

Pure fat, topped with a layer of fat - Alex Lifeson

Rush02.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users