#1 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:37 AM

Preaching to the choir, I would think that most here know there was a lineup change in YYNOT.  The previous drummer is no longer (I don't know the deets on why he left, so...), but the new guy, Joel, kills it!  I've always considered NS to be Rush's apogee musically, conceptually and otherwise...it's just an incredible/amazing/beautiful song to me.  Their best...

They KILLED it here...just released on the Facebook, here it is.  It's about 8 minutes of chills.  Super great.  

I think Joel is a great addition to the band.  He is smoother on the hats.  I have always found that drummers who play open can be heavy on the hats and it sounds clunky.  Playing cross, to me, seems smoother and has a more flush sound...but that's just my little drummer brain's opinion.  Doesn't matter...check this out, it's TERRIFIC!

• Slim, Greg, RollDeBonz and 9 others like this

#2 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,587 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Probably the best Rush song ever and wow, the best cover ever !

#3 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Excellent!! Jeez, I thought the other drummer was great but this one seems to have a tighter, cleaner sound which is good for Peart.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#4 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

I bet this this guy didn't even have to rehearse to play with the band. Apparently he lives in a Salt Lake City suburb though which might make it hard to tour around LA with the band. :(

• SpaceGhost2112, The Macallan and EZrhythm like this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#5 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

Great stuff! New drummer kills it.

I miss the last guy though. He had his own take. A little more pocket, less Peart-ish influence. It gave the covers a bit of personality. He played the parts but added his own flair.

I also kinda lol’d at the drummer’s pro camera coverage and editing. Definitely raising the bar there! But yes great work and a fantastic Peart imitation.
  • SpaceGhost2112 likes this

#6 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

You know you just had to repeat that intro to Digital Man more than a couple of times!

#7 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Rocky showing off her amazing talent solo.

• RollDeBonz and SpaceGhost2112 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users