• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nunavuter

Nunavuter

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

The Bird and the bee consist of Inara George and Greg Kirsten (a record producer in demand so much he has a waiting list). 

Here he just plays a cheap Casio keyboard while Inara sings.

If you've made it to 2018 without exposure to the Bird and The Bee, well now is your chance to be exposed. Three Eyes introduced me to them back in 2010.

I nukshuk, You nukshuk. We all nukshuk.

#2 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

^^^ It was probably 2008 because you were already familiar with the songs "Again and Again" (from their 2007 debut long player) and "Polite Dance Song" (from their 2007 EP Please Clap Your Hands) before their 2nd album Ray Guns was released in January 2009.

Goddam blast from the past, Nuna. I thought I'd gone back to a time before those Russian gangsters destroyed the previous iteration of Counterparts. (Or something like that.)

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#3 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

Inara is the daughter of the late, great Lowell George.

#4 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Been a fan of theirs for awhile. Great stuff. 

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#5 Boots

Boots

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationDragon's Triangle

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:20 PM

I guess I will have to check them out. 

Everything lost is meant to be found.” ― Lara Croft

#6 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0112-story.html

#7 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0112-story.html

Some interesting bits from that article.

Her expectations are modest, though she’s hardly uninterested in reaching an audience: After lunch, she showed me a data report from Spotify that broke down where in the world her music is being streamed.

“We could go the Philippines and have a huge show!” she said, pointing with excitement to numbers that reflected a surprisingly robust audience in Southeast Asia.

She’s also kept her name in circulation with freelance gigs like her cameo on the Foo Fighters’ latest album (which Kurstin produced) and her performance last year at the El Rey Theatre as a temporary member of L.A.’s reunited That Dog. The Bird and the Bee are finishing up a record too, an all-covers sequel to their 2010 tribute to Hall & Oates.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#8 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

The song "Our Love" from TBatB's album Ray Guns Are Not Just the Future plays over the end credits of the movie The Big Sick. Really entertaining movie, btw.

Inara will do okay. She's married to Hollywood director/writer Jake Kasdan, co-writer (along with his dad Lawrence) of Solo: A Star Wars Story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users