#1 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Saw this show at Starland Ballroom in NJ last night, sold out, packed venue.  My fourth year seeing Clutch on their annual East Coast Holiday Run.  Clutch was excellent, as always, big dip into their first two albums, a great mix of their catalog, and two new songs they'll be recording for the new album in the next few months.  Great to see these guys only getting more popular, very interesting to see a bands popularity steadily increasing this far into an understated career.  These guys are proof positive that the old formula of earning every fan one show at a time still works.

The most *fun* part of the night though was Devin Townsend opening.  What an awesome performer, definitely one of rocks strongest vocalists, great band, over the top bombastic prog metal, and maybe the funniest man in the business.  I can't recall the last time a rock performer made me laugh so hard, his rapid-fire humor had the place in stitches!

Always best when you get to see two killer acts in one night, great show!

• Casey and chemistry1973 like this

#2 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:05 AM

Always liked Clutch. Particularly earlier stuff. 

Devin is an incredibly underrated artist. I didn't really "discover" his music until about a year ago, but he is in regular rotation for me now.

Dude deserves his own thread. Maybe I'll start one this weekend when I have more time, unless someone else does first. 

• Three Eyes likes this

#3 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

Devin is a true artist. And yes he's one of the funniest rockers ever.

• nickslikk2112 likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#4 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

Always liked Clutch. Particularly earlier stuff. 

Devin is an incredibly underrated artist. I didn't really "discover" his music until about a year ago, but he is in regular rotation for me now.

Dude deserves his own thread. Maybe I'll start one this weekend when I have more time, unless someone else does first. 

I'll definitely contribute to that one. Listen to the insane sound this guy can conjure up. He's like half musician, half magician.

There are tons of great reaction videos to this video too.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#5 Boots

Boots

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationDragon's Triangle

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

A lot of my friends listen to Devin Townsend.  I like his early stuff.  

Everything lost is meant to be found.” ― Lara Croft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users