• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LeStudio

LeStudio

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

At the ripe old age of 51, I am thinking of sending a letter of thanks and well wishes to the various members of the band (while they are still alive, I have been putting this off for 30+ years).   Any help anyone can provide you have my sincere thanks.  

And, of course, I also look forward to the smart-ass, cynical responses that all posts on this website seem to invite.

#2 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

Neil hates the written word.

Seek him out personally.

I hear he’s very approachable.
  • The Macallan and jeffro like this
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#3 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,531 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:47 PM

I imagine the best way would be through their management company, Anthem Group

120 Bremner Blvd, Suite 2900
Toronto, ON M5J 0A8

You could address the envelope to Ray Danniels perhaps to ensure it gets opened.  Anyway, that's what I would do.  I don't claim to have the perfect solution.

#4 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

I know where he lives in Santa Monica. Just type up what you want to say and I'll drop it off in his mailbox. :)

• chemistry1973 and MrSkeptic like this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#5 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

I didn't know the LA Times picked this up at the time. (Don't worry. No address given.)

Peart, of the rock band Rush, has bought a 6,200-square-foot, two-story house home for $4.95 million.

November 01, 2011|By Lauren Beale, Los Angeles Times

Neil Peart of the rock band Rush has bought a home in Santa Monica for $4.95 million, the Multiple Listing Service shows.

The seller, real estate attorney Gary B. Torpy, had listed the Richard Landry-designed Mediterranean at $5.125 million.

The 6,200-square-foot, two-story house was built in 2001. The step-down living room adjoins a music room. French doors off the dining room lead to an outside courtyard. A double-sided fireplace in the master suite opens to both the bedroom and bathroom. The basement includes a media room, a wine cellar and a wet bar. There are a total of five bedrooms and 61/2 bathrooms.

Peart, 59, joined the hard rock/heavy metal band in 1974 as a drummer, percussionist and lyricist. Rush completed a tour of Europe and North and South America in July. Their most recent studio album, Snakes & Arrows, was released in 2007.

Deborah Silverstein of Prudential California Realty in Santa Monica was the listing agent, while Leah Lail of Coldwell Banker's Beverly Hills South office represented Peart, according to the MLS.

lauren.beale@latimes.com

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#6 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

Neil's wet bar pictured below

Macallan-verticals.jpg

• Three Eyes and chemistry1973 like this

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#7 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

I’d think Bubbas twitter page - or Geddys Instagram page would be the best way.

#8 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

My advice, buy a bottle of a nice red wine, prepare a charcuterie and cheese board, sit down and proceed to eat, drink and write down your thoughts. Finish the wine, roll up what you wrote and insert it into the empty bottle. Make a pilgrimage to the shoreline of Lake Ontario and throw it into the lake, if Geddy ever gets the note he'll add the bottle to his collection and you will have an immensely satisfying experience.

• fenderjazz likes this

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

— Matthew 6:19–21,24 (KJV)

#9 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,531 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

My advice, buy a bottle of a nice red wine, prepare a charcuterie and cheese board, sit down and proceed to eat, drink and write down your thoughts. Finish the wine, roll up what you wrote and insert it into the empty bottle. Make a pilgrimage to the shoreline of Lake Ontario and throw it into the lake, if Geddy ever gets the note he'll add the bottle to his collection and you will have an immensely satisfying experience.

Yes, I imagine wetting your pants in a dark suit would give the same result as writing Rush.  It gives you a warm feeling and no one really notices anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users