63 replies to this topic

#61 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

He definitely took a turn between CP and TFE and it got weird... I mean, I imagine it's hard to be cool and relevant and whatnot forever. That goofy hat and those fruity shoes and his whole way of going about things just said "I'm not the guy who played on Moving Pictures anymore!". He looked more and more uncomfortable when he played as he got older and I found it hard to watch him. I just try to be glad they did what they did and realize you can't be awesome forever.

Everybody sing!

Just a spoonful of asperger, makes your drummer a bit weird...

#62 Rick N Backer

Rick N Backer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

But, don't forget they also did soundcheck before every show and Neil played his typical 10 minute solo, which was consistently demanding.

I would have gladly done without his solos if it would have elongated his career.  Aside from a couple hundred drummers in the audience, who the hell wants to sit through a drum solo?!

#63 Rick N Backer

Rick N Backer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

I mean, I imagine it's hard to be cool and relevant and whatnot forever. That goofy hat and those fruity shoes and his whole way of going about things just said "I'm not the guy who played on Moving Pictures anymore!". 

Shaving off his Professor 'stache was his way of saying, "I'm not the guy who played on Hemispheres anymore"...

#64 AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationBabylon, though I'd love to spend a night in Zion

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

I would have gladly done without his solos if it would have elongated his career.  Aside from a couple hundred drummers in the audience, who the hell wants to sit through a drum solo?!

They dropped in quality through the years, but, it's true that most fans were there for the songs, not individual showmanship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users