26 replies to this topic

#21 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:33 AM

I’m not a fan of the live performance at all. They’re pretty sloppy compared to how tight they were just three years later.

The opposite with me - love it, like having an "All The World's A Stage Vol. 2" That crazy fill in Lakeside Park sounds a bit awkward but it's exactly that kind of thing that initially grabbed me about NP's playing. 

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy - John Bolton

#22 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

Yeah that makes sense. I enjoy it for that too. It’s a killer document, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t prefer this era.

There is chemistry missing in this performance. You hear ATWAS and they are locked in. Something happened in 77 that fucked with them for a year or so. I blame NP.

#23 Oak

Oak

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

Hey, remember way back when in the '90s when they said they filmed a T4E show but couldn't release it due to syncing issues? Is this that show?

The moment when they transition into "Discovery" was magical.  After hearing Overture and Temples so many times since my first Rush show (Signals tour), hearing those first few notes of Discovery still gives me chills.  

#24 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Hey, remember way back when in the '90s when they said they filmed a T4E show but couldn't release it due to syncing issues? Is this that show?

Nice to see that. I bought a ticket to see them in Pittsburgh in the same month, June 11th 1997. The twentieth anniversary of my first Rush gig. The ticket arrived, still have it somewhere. I never got round to sorting out the travel arrangements and didn't go.

I regret that now.

#25 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

Yeah that makes sense. I enjoy it for that too. It’s a killer document, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t prefer this era.

There is chemistry missing in this performance. You hear ATWAS and they are locked in. Something happened in 77 that fucked with them for a year or so. I blame NP.

I agree with this because I saw them twice in February '78 and was actually a bit disappointed - there was something perfunctory about those performances, a certain energy and engagement missing. By contrast the Tour Of The Hemispheres a year later, same venue, was enthralling.

#26 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

The moment when they transition into "Discovery" was magical.

Also magical.  B)

Attached Files

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#27 AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBabylon, though I'd love to spend a night in Zion

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

Also magical.  B)

Apparently 40 days before those tragic events started. Nice to see Neil as Neil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users