#1 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

EDIT: Everyone who wanted to check this out has probably had a chance to by now (I usually prefer not to leave open links to previews of unreleased material available indefinitely). Thanks for listening!

#2 SpaceGhost2112

SpaceGhost2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationTaylor, MI

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Cool! Sounds great!  :2  thumbs up:  Dig the start-stop stuff around the 5-5:30 mark.  And the little break down after that.  You play everything yourself, right?

#3 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

Thank you kindly, SG. Yep, just me and the dogs for moral support. ;)

(Edit - I should save my musings on compression for another thread - I do tend to go off on tangents!)

#4 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:36 AM

Hey Dave, I just tried to dl it, but it gave me an error...did you pull the file?

#5 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

Hey Greg, sorry - I just checked and seem to be getting weird behavior from the link myself - incomplete downloads that give errors. I'll try to sort that out later today when I get a chance, even if I have to upload it someplace other than Dropbox.

#6 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

Quick note on this...

I'm taking it down for a bit while I fix it. I realized why I was fighting the mix so hard on this one, or rather finally acknowledged what I didn't want to - the sound I tracked with that particular fretless bass has issues and is something I just can't make work. Just for the hell of it, I plugged in my #1 fretted bass and re-tracked the opening section and yes, now the bottom end sounds more like it should.

I'll put it back up after I get the bass re-tracked and get it mixed again, but I'm super-busy this week so it might not be until next week. If you've downloaded the original posted track, well, you have audible proof that no matter how long I do this, I still f**k up sometimes. ;)

#7 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:24 AM

Got it the other day, listened just now...sounds great, man!  

It has a certain maturity to the overall sound.  I caught some Steely Dan in there, actually.  It has an excellent vibe overall...nice work, as usual!  

#8 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for listening and for the kind words, Greg (I swore I replied to this a few days ago - did the board crash and revert back to an archived version or something?).

NOTE: Full updated version is now up, with bass re-tracked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users