12 replies to this topic

#1 DWarner

DWarner

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:36 PM

I think this is the 15th year we have been doing this. Can that be right?

PS Go Bills I guess.

#2 BK 2112

BK 2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

Did not pay much attention to the other thread, was going to bow out this year, but just noticed an email that says my team (NJ Brew Crew) was drafted.
I did not realize that my team would automatically carry over from last year, or I would have set my draft order. Gotta go with what was auto-drafted now.

Good luck to all.
"Enjoy every sandwich" ~ Warren Zevon "You only ride the marble once" ~ My Father-in-Law "Might as well, can't dance" ~ also my F-i-L

#3 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:46 AM

Did not pay much attention to the other thread, was going to bow out this year, but just noticed an email that says my team (NJ Brew Crew) was drafted.
I did not realize that my team would automatically carry over from last year, or I would have set my draft order. Gotta go with what was auto-drafted now.

Good luck to all.

I think the auto-renew is a new 'feature' on Yahoo this year. It's a pain in the ass when your the commissioner of a league. You have to have owners "check in" to see if they're actually continuing in the league. 

#4 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:54 AM

Keenum is on the case. 

Vikings_Lions_Football_51028-6f917.jpg?t

39251518775_10b2b656ff_z.jpg

#5 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

^^^ Fuck you.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#6 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

Fear the Vikings, bitches. Just held the Falcons to 0 TDs, in Atlanta.

This defense is bona fide.

39251518775_10b2b656ff_z.jpg

#7 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,643 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

The Finals/Playoffs finished and the finishing order is:

1. Omega Concern

2. DSam

3. Kylo's Wrens

4. Darth Cowboys

5. DWarner

6. NJ Brew Crew

7. Meat Puppets

8. DevilDogs

9. Donkeypunchers

10.  Springfield Isotopes

#8 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:53 AM

Yessss!!! Finally won the CP league!

I would make a recommendation for next year, though. We might want to move the Championship week to week 16. Lots of good players sit in week 17 and if the Final had been in 16, DSam would have beaten me and taken the trophy that he so richly deserves. 

A weird season, overall. Sam was 12-2 heading into the playoffs, everyone else was either 7-7 or 6-8. Parity ruled the CP league this year. 

#9 BK 2112

BK 2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

As I said earlier, I was completely unaware that I was automatically renewed in the league as a player from last season, so did not prepare for a draft. Had to deal with my auto-drafted team.
I think there were other players that didn't follow their team because they were unaware also.

I'll pay more attention next year.
"Enjoy every sandwich" ~ Warren Zevon "You only ride the marble once" ~ My Father-in-Law "Might as well, can't dance" ~ also my F-i-L

#10 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,643 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:39 PM

Yessss!!! Finally won the CP league!

I would make a recommendation for next year, though. We might want to move the Championship week to week 16. Lots of good players sit in week 17 and if the Final had been in 16, DSam would have beaten me and taken the trophy that he so richly deserves. 

A weird season, overall. Sam was 12-2 heading into the playoffs, everyone else was either 7-7 or 6-8. Parity ruled the CP league this year. 

That's actually a good idea.  Week 17 you're looking at so many games that mean nothing.

#11 Feverish Flux

Feverish Flux

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

Congrats Casey!  I'd say you are still deserving.  You had the second highest Points For and the highest Points Against (tough schedule).  Sam did a great job but also had the easiest schedule.

Donkeypunchers is usually a top contendor but seems like he wasn't managing his team this year.

"I know I don't know what I don't know."

My wife

#12 Digital Sam

Digital Sam

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationSunny Western NY

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

As SB loser, I heartily agree that week 17 sucks monkey balls!
Nuf said about that.

But congrats to Casey for taking home the title. I did my best the last week, but had to find no less than 6 replacement starters because of injuries and benchings. 

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]if you trust in yourself...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]and believe in your dreams...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]and follow your star...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.[/color]

#13 Digital Sam

Digital Sam

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationSunny Western NY

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Congrats Casey!  I'd say you are still deserving.  You had the second highest Points For and the highest Points Against (tough schedule).  Sam did a great job but also had the easiest schedule.

Donkeypunchers is usually a top contendor but seems like he wasn't managing his team this year.

You're right, my schedule was easy. I didn't have to go against my team.  :D

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]if you trust in yourself...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]and believe in your dreams...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]and follow your star...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.[/color]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users