Photo

Breaking News: Rush will play a limited "tour" in 2018.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Drew2112

Drew2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Tour is in quotes because it's a VERY limited run of shows in smaller venues.

15-20 shows across the US only. 5,000 and less seat venues.

Stripped down stage show.

2 hour show broken into 2, 1 hour sets.

Career spanning material.

Mark my words. This comes from a very reliable source close to the band.

Look for an official announcement soonish.

#2 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Uh huh.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#3 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

DJ Eddie Trunk recently hosted a radio broadcast from the House of Blues in Houston, and during a Q&A session with fans was asked about his opinion on the future of Rush.

"... [Neil Peart]'s out. I think he's done...done...done. However Geddy is the total opposite. I talked to Geddy a couple times ... and Geddy told me he is actually reinvigorated. He told me at the time he made some changes to his diet which helped his voice ... and he had a ton of energy, and he wanted to make music and continue in some way. Alex seems to be somewhere in the middle. Alex has said publicly he absolutely wants to do some stuff again. He's doing some producing, he's doing some writing. There has been talk about a band called Lee-Lifeson, which would be the two of them going out and doing stuff together. They would never call it Rush. Those guys are too classy...they would never do that... They would call it potentially Lee-Lifeson, maybe play some Rush tunes and make new music, because they want to continue to create new music as well. I've heard rumors about that ... It's up to them..."

Whether Trunk has any actual inside information or is just speculating based on what both Geddy and Alex have said in recent interviews isn't clear. However, it should be noted that Trunk was referencing some older interviews and conversations he'd had with the band, along with several already publicly available interviews that have taken place in the last couple of years. He also admits that, "he's heard rumors", so it's unlikely he has any kind of inside track. Both Geddy and Alex have said on several occasions that the pair expect to work together in some capacity in the future, so any speculation of a future Lee-Lifeson collaboration (personally, I prefer Dirxst) isn't really much of a reach. In Alex Lifeson's Sirius XM interview back in April he said the following:

http://www.rushisaba...n-collaboration

... Ged and I will probably do something together. He's been really busy. He's working on his own little book project. He's become quite a bass guitar collector, and he wants to do a little thing on the history of the instrument. So that's keeping him super busy. ...

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

#4 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

(Fanboi button ON) Looking forward to whatever they do! (Fanboi button OFF)

#5 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

Hey could happen. You figure by now they realize they're bleeding money plus the music bug has likely bit again.
  • chemistry1973 likes this

#6 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

I believe it. That Trunk missive is to get the chatter going.

Maybe they'll tour with a sideband. That'd be sick. A rhythm guitarist and a keyboard player would free them up.

Oh and Matt Cameron.
  • Moving Target likes this

#7 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

They're gonna need some soundchecks and outtakes to fill up that "vault".
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#8 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

From Donna Halper on FB

Since people are asking me, I would not be shocked if Geddy and Alex formed some kind of group (whether it's called LeeLifeson or something else... but it would NEVER be called Rush). Geddy misses performing, and Alex has said he'd like to do some performing too, though maybe not on a regular basis. Neil is not interested and I totally respect that. He suffered with tendinitis and bravely put up with it for a long time, just to give the fans everything he could. Now, he's happy in private life, hanging out with his family and close friends. Meanwhile, if Geddy and Alex do put together some kind of band, I'll be delighted to see it, because they'll be doing what they love.

• chemistry1973 and Bones like this

#9 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

Maybe NP will pen a couple numbers.

#10 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,622 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

No way. Writer's cramp.

• chemistry1973 and Rick N Backer like this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#11 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,622 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

Mark my words.

Ok.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#12 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

I imagine the Trunk rumor is being leaked to us to gauge our interest. I think every Rush fan would give a Lee/Lifeson project a shot, with or without Neil. The drummer doesn't have to even be a superstar.

#13 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern, MI

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

15-20 shows across the US only. 5,000 and less seat venues.

That line right there = horse shit...

Let me get this straight.  All three will do a limited tour, with limited seats, that will equal limited money.  GTFO!

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#14 The Gangster of Boats

The Gangster of Boats

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

He'll write something for Godsmack...

Something along the "keep away from me" vein...

The Counterparts Hit Kitteh is back!  

#15 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

That line right there = horse shit...

Let me get this straight. All three will do a limited tour, with limited seats, that will equal limited money. GTFO!

Yes. That's the part I don't get. I get the Lee/Lifeson deal being this, because no one is sure how big it would be. With Neil, it goes large venues automatically.

#16 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

The prospect of Geddy and Alex creating new music with a new collaborator(s) is way more interesting to me than the idea of Rush coming together for a few shows as a nostalgia act.

• chemistry1973 and SpaceGhost2112 like this

#17 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

^^^ Couldn't agree more.  Nothing more pathetic than nostalgia tours.

When it's over, it's time to end it with dignity.  IMO, with Geddy trying to hit the high notes, it was beginning to be a little undignified.  Glad they cut the cord when they did.

• chemistry1973 likes this

#18 Baba Booey

Baba Booey

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

Hey could happen. You figure by now they realize they're bleeding money plus the music bug has likely bit again.

Good point. I've been thinking myself that when the C$ starts running dry something will happen. Either that or when Mosbach needs a reason to exist.

But, with all due respect, I'm considering source. 😝

baba-booey-jackin-o.gifbababooey-marriage-o.gif

#19 Baba Booey

Baba Booey

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

I imagine the Trunk rumor is being leaked to us to gauge our interest. I think every Rush fan would give a Lee/Lifeson project a shot, with or without Neil. The drummer doesn't have to even be a superstar.

Right now I'll pay just to watch them do nothing but fart. 😜

baba-booey-jackin-o.gifbababooey-marriage-o.gif

#20 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:36 PM

More from Donna H today...

Two quick things (by special request, just for Rush fans). Thing one: I spoke to Alex and conveyed everyone's happy birthday wishes. He told me he appreciates it, and that he's doing well. Healthier (lost some weight), very involved with some individual projects, life is good. And now... thing two. I asked him about the online rumors and he told me there's no LeeLifeson collaboration in the works. Both Geddy and Alex keep in close touch, of course, but both are very busy with their own projects. And neither has any plans for forming a band or touring or anything like that in the immediate future. As Alex just told me, the rumors are only rumors. And now you know... the rest of the story, direct from Alex himself. 

• SpaceGhost2112 and Oak like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users