The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

Fair point. 

On another note, I posted that meme as a funny in response to the white privilege talk which I generally consider irrelevant. To be honest, I had to look up the definition of “cis”…never heard/saw that before. Turns out as my psychological profile, testosterone levels and sexual preference are all in line with my biological male genitalia, I am now given a label.  :rolleyes:

This constant bucketing of people is so counterproductive and only serves to further stir the pot.

• fenderjazz, chemistry1973 and MrSkeptic like this

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#42 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,462 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

Fair point. 

On another note, I posted that meme as a funny in response to the white privilege talk which I generally consider irrelevant. To be honest, I had to look up the definition of “cis”…never heard/saw that before. Turns out as my psychological profile, testosterone levels and sexual preference are all in line with my biological male genitalia, I am now given a label.  :rolleyes:

This constant bucketing of people is so counterproductive and only serves to further stir the pot.

The sentence in bold is clearly what is wrong right now and is at the root cause of much conflict.  Bottom line nobody cares so stop getting people to care about what "group" you belong to.  We are all humans.  We are Americans (at least some of us).

I'll use a music analogy.  When the Stones came out with "Miss You" in 1978, fans and non-fans who listened to disco liked it.  When Rod Stewart basically put the same song out in "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" which is basically the same kind of song, they said it was his "disco hit".  Longtime fans, rock fans hated it.  Disco kids ate it up.  Label something, and people will find a reason to hate it or like it.  Don't label something and people don't take it at face value, they give it a chance.  So to with people.  Leave the identity crap on the doorstep.

• The Macallan and The Enemy Within like this

#43 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

I would totally agree with this statement, except we have been bucketing people that are considered "different" for years.

I understand its kinda odd to find yourself being labeled as "cis" because you consider it the normal, default. If you didn't fit into the normal and default you were already pigeonholed and labeled.

• A Rebel and a Runner likes this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#44 Valium

Valium

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

The only buckets that matter are labeled old Rush and new Rush

• RushDoggie and Moving Target like this

#45 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Ah. But when does one bucket end and the next begin? For me, the last Old Rush album was GUP.

#46 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

I would totally agree with this statement, except we have been bucketing people that are considered "different" for years.

I understand its kinda odd to find yourself being labeled as "cis" because you consider it the normal, default. If you didn't fit into the normal and default you were already pigeonholed and labeled.

Yes, we as a society have been bucketing people forever and I'm sure you'd agree its absurd. It always seemed odd to me that the "bucketed" people try to change that view by inventing new, softer, PC labels...rather than demand that they not be labeled at all. 

I do consider myself "normal" because I do fall in line with 95%+ of the population. I avoided using that word purposefully because it's essentially calling others abnormal. If someone wants to bucket me that's their prerogative. I find it more amusing than anything else...but concerning also. To me it almost feels like the non-white, -straight, -male, -etc. people saying: oh yeah, well I will bucket you now. So there!

It's small time and defeats real progress.

• RushDoggie likes this

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#47 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

I'm just annoyed by the ignorance of chemistry.  "Cis" means "on the same side of"; "Trans" means "on the opposite side".  Shouldn't gays be cis and heteros be trans?

• Moving Target likes this

LYqbjSn.jpg

#48 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

I'm just annoyed by the ignorance of chemistry.  "Cis" means "on the same side of"; "Trans" means "on the opposite side".  Shouldn't gays be cis and heteros be trans?

Good luck with that. They can't even seem to understand what a much more common word like "phobia" actually means.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#49 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM

The terms are not used in terms of sexuality but gender. A trans-woman starts off as a man and goes to the opposite side to become a woman. A cis-woman stays on the same side as her birth gender.
  • A Rebel and a Runner likes this

#50 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:19 AM

I'm just annoyed by the ignorance of chemistry.

Welcome to fuckin' CP mother fu—----Oh.

• RushDoggie, SJS, GhostWriter and 1 other like this

#51 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

Good luck with that. They can't even seem to understand what a much more common word like "phobia" actually means.

I think the only goal with labeling every un-PC thought as phobic would be to scare people away from expressing unpopular points of view.

Yes, I'm talking phobiaphobia.

• Three Eyes and MrSkeptic like this

LYqbjSn.jpg

#52 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

The terms are not used in terms of sexuality but gender. A trans-woman starts off as a man and goes to the opposite side to become a woman. A cis-woman stays on the same side as her birth gender.

But wouldn't that be undermining the whole concept of the flexibility of gender?  If cis means "staying what you started out as, biologically", it would seem to be admitting there's a "right" gender related to biological sex. 

My lingo, which describes only how people relate to one another, rather than how people relate to their biology, is clearly superior, and therefore I clearly win.  (As the whole game these days is to be more insufferably PC than the next person.)

LYqbjSn.jpg

#53 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   87.5K   5 downloads
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#54 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

But wouldn't that be undermining the whole concept of the flexibility of gender?  If cis means "staying what you started out as, biologically", it would seem to be admitting there's a "right" gender related to biological sex. 

My lingo, which describes only how people relate to one another, rather than how people relate to their biology, is clearly superior, and therefore I clearly win.  (As the whole game these days is to be more insufferably PC than the next person.)

It's just arguing that personal identification doesn't always match up with physical equipment.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't bother me, so let them claim to be whatever makes them comfortable. Just don't wave your junk in my face and we're fine.

#55 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

It's just arguing that personal identification doesn't always match up with physical equipment.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't bother me, so let them claim to be whatever makes them comfortable. Just don't wave your junk in my face and we're fine.

Reported for the homophobic slur.

• RushDoggie likes this

LYqbjSn.jpg

#56 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

Reported for the homophobic slur.

Deoends on the type of junk, surely?

#57 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

All junk.

Genitals are gross.

#58 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

All junk.

Genitals are gross.

I quite like one kind of junk in my face.  Oysters not snails, if you get my drift. 

#59 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Some junk FEELS good, but it certainly doesn't look it.

But then, like Hermie, I'm an ass man.

Also, I'm an ass, man!

#60 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

Maajid Nawaz. Get to know this man.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users