#21 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

Clam

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#22 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

But you see, some people view everything through a racial lens. As a white person, you aren't allowed to do that because of your "white privilege". You (generally) are supposed to feel guilty and take extreme measures to ensure that you never say or do anything that could be considered racist, but since you're white, just about everything you do has the potential for racism, depending on whose listening/watching. If you're a male too, just forget it, you're screwed.

#23 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

I'm white, male, tall and straight. I'm holding four aces.

#24 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

Look at you with your new crusader avatar, bristling and ready for the culture clash! Trying to incite and promote racial tension from the safety of your home across the Atlantic.

I had a top 3 three list in my head of who I would trigger first with the new avatar, and sadly, you weren't one of them. I guess I was finally wrong about something.

I live only 10 minutes walk from where this latest atrocity happened! Unfortunately this time it was committed by a regressive right wing Anglo-Saxon bigot...

Who cares where you live. I told you this would happen. If you have even a remedial knowledge of history you'd understand that this was coming. But the soft, effete Brits are putting their own heads on the block and asking to be beheaded. More of this is going to happen and your empty bleating won't do a thing to stop it.

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#25 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

Of course I do because there are plenty of keyboard warriors and "people of color" who are happy and enthusiastic to tell me what it is. Seriously, I know what it is but I also know that there are lots of people believe what I posted. White people are racist. White people don't and can't understand the plight of the blacks. White people should take money out of the pockets and give it to blacks as "reparations".  

There are also plenty of people who see everything through the lens of race. People who voted for Obama because he was black as one example. 

So, to quote something I read on here once, "fuck yourself".

And just because Reb thinks he's an authority on the fiction of "privilege theory" doesn't mean any of us believe the nonsense he's peddling about it. If the guy ever had an original thought he might actually get somewhere.

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#26 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

I just want to know why people in this guy's church and community didn't report him when it was clear he was becoming radicalized.  They should have turned him in.

Did he even go to church? Can you source that? We know the mosques involved in the latest string of terror attacks but I'd like to be the first to denounce the "church" this man attended. Please post a link to it. Thank you.

- Francis Bacon

#27 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

hqdefault.jpg

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#28 The Enemy Within

The Enemy Within

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

I had a top 3 three list in my head of who I would trigger first with the new avatar, and sadly, you weren't one of them. I guess I was finally wrong about something.

Who cares where you live. I told you this would happen. If you have even a remedial knowledge of history you'd understand that this was coming. But the soft, effete Brits are putting their own heads on the block and asking to be beheaded. More of this is going to happen and your empty bleating won't do a thing to stop it.

More provocation, more ignorance, more racism...keep it coming Monsieur Coeur de Lion  :P

#29 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

And you are quite possibly the most self-loathing individual I've ever seen on CP. Utterly overwhelmed with guilt at your whiteness, which you had nothing to do with, as well as your Britness, as if you ordered the slaughters in your colonized lands.

I'm aware of wrongs committed by people of my color and my country. I just don't alter my life decisions because of them.

Recently I got my Class A CDL, and as a result, jumped 22 spots on the seniority list into a fulltime position. The top 3 people in line are black. Was I supposed to refuse the promotion as penance for white privilege? Screw that. They could've done exactly what I did.
  • fenderjazz, MrSkeptic, Pressure/Hopenosis and 1 other like this

Hey...where's Perry?

#30 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

More provocation, more ignorance, more racism...keep it coming Monsieur Coeur de Lion  :P

Islam isn't a race; it is a political ideology. So the usual leftist tactic of name-calling people racists is laughable. Try and make an actual argument to support your points then we can talk.

- Francis Bacon

#31 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

And you are quite possibly the most self-loathing individual I've ever seen on CP. Utterly overwhelmed with guilt at your whiteness, which you had nothing to do with, as well as your Britness, as if you ordered the slaughters in your colonized lands.

I'm aware of wrongs committed by people of my color and my country. I just don't alter my life decisions because of them.

You have me completely wrong. Self-loathing is a term I hear from many American Conservatives and I have never understood what they mean. Perhaps more digital thinking - self/other dichotomy - if I agree with the other intellectually I must loathe myself? How silly!

I don't feel the need to apologise for the Atlantic Passage, or the Raj or the Opium Wars or the Drogheda Massacre - I wasn't there!

And I never altered a life decision on that basis either. I merely accept that I step up to the plate without one or two strikes on me due to race, gender or sexuality.
  • Casey likes this

#32 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

I'm white, male, tall and straight. I'm holding four asses.

Now that's some white privilege.

• Moving Target likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#33 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

The attacker was white straight and male.

You aren't making any sense.

#34 The Enemy Within

The Enemy Within

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

Islam isn't a race; it is a political ideology. So the usual leftist tactic of name-calling people racists is laughable. Try and make an actual argument to support your points then we can talk.

It's interesting how you assumed I was calling you out for being a racist because of your views on Islam. If you recall I was responding to a comment where you referred to "the soft effete Brits". While it would be incorrect to refer to the British as a race purely in terms of ethnicity, however in a broader sense when someone makes a sweeping generalisation about a collection of peoples living together with a shared nationality, I think it can be referred to as racism.

It's something that seems to permeate through many of your posts, not just towards the British, but many other different nationalities and cultural groups, most recently the French and Europeans in general.

#35 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

It's interesting how you assumed I was calling you out for being a racist because of your views on Islam. If you recall I was responding to a comment where you referred to "the soft effete Brits". While it would be incorrect to refer to the British as a race purely in terms of ethnicity, however in a broader sense when someone makes a sweeping generalisation about a collection of peoples living together with a shared nationality, I think it can be referred to as racism.

Well seeing that I'm of British descent way back this seems like quite the back-pedal. And I was only referring to the soft and effete ones; not all of them. Excellent try though.

It's something that seems to permeate through many of your posts, not just towards the British, but many other different nationalities and cultural groups, most recently the French and Europeans in general.

Just the soft and effete ones. It's never a question of nationality with me; but of ideology. That should be obvious to those paying attention. So again, it's hardly an accusation with any merit.

• The Enemy Within likes this

- Francis Bacon

#36 The Enemy Within

The Enemy Within

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

I have to hand it to you... You really are quite the master of the weasel word!

I appreciate from your perspective, the recent acts of terrorism in the UK point towards an inevitable bloody clash of incompatible cultures. But If I may, I'd like to point your attention towards another recent tragic event that seems to contradict that. The aftermath of the Grenfell fire. I've not witnessed it first hand because I'm away from the UK at the moment, but it's been widely reported that different communities and faiths are coming together to help each other at their time of need. 

That gives me hope...

#37 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

The attacker was white straight and male.

You aren't making any sense.

That's because there are two topics here, the guy who tried to kill a bunch of Muslims because they were Muslims, and some offshoot about white privilege.

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#38 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

Wait, I thought liberals were intrinsically more violent? How can they be soft and effete but more violent? Was the attacker here a liberal?

• Moving Target likes this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#39 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

Wait, I thought liberals were intrinsically more violent? How can they be soft and effete but more violent? Was the attacker here a liberal?

We're not talking about the attacker, but those who are agitating for the wonders of mass immigration into the west

- Francis Bacon

#40 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe he wasn't tall?

• chemistry1973 likes this