#1 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

https://www.nytimes....ter-police.html

Hope all Brit-Trolls and friends are OK.

#2 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern, MI

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:05 AM

No one else has confirmed this yet.  How did we get to nail bomb?

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#3 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

It's unconfirmed since it just happened, but there are many reports suggesting that's what it is. I'll edit.

#4 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

It's unconfirmed since it just happened, but there are many reports suggesting that's what it is. I'll edit.

Damn.  At a kids concert no less.  IF and only IF this is an act of terror than we have entered yet another level of fucked.  Thoughts are definitely with those families affected.

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#5 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:14 AM

Apparently nail bombs were big with Nazis in the UK a few years back.

#6 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:17 AM

"“There was nuts and bolts flying everywhere, and also human flesh. It was just one bang and a white flash. I treated a woman called Pauline. I’ve got blood on my hands. It was like a war zone inside where the box office is.

“There looked to be at least six people potentially fatally wounded. I saw one woman’s leg off. It is mayhem.”"

https://www.thesun.c...ultiple-deaths/

#7 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:24 AM

No security upon entry to the arena is what has been reported.  That would explain being able to get a device into the arena.

Edit: Not in arena but at box office for arena...

#8 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,462 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:54 AM

It looks like the nailbomb quote came from the doctors at the NHS who were working on the patients.
  • chemistry1973 likes this

#9 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

Just woke up to this. The story seems to have broken in the US before being reported by the BBC and Sky News.

Eyewitnesses say nuts and bolts were strewn round the foyer.

Prime Minister May is chairing a COBRA meeting today.

22 dead so far. Worst terror attack in the U.K. since 7/7.

MI5 have done really well to interdict terror plots but I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Attacking kids FFS....

#10 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

There was a time when the British people cared about defeating evil. They fought hard against the tanks and planes of the Germans because they were British people defending the British nation. If only Hitler had employed diversity and multiculturalism as his weapon of choice against the Brits he would have been easily victorious. It's hard to watch the West commit civilizational suicide by importing people that hate them and not naming the evil in their presence: Islam.

What a tragic and horrible event, and yet it is an event that is "part and parcel of living in a big city" according to Sadiq Khan. Get use to this people; more is coming. Get use to it. Put an opague Union Jack flag over your facebook profile picture and stand in solidarity with others by doing nothing. If you can't name the evil; if you can't eject the evil from your presence, get ready for more. 

Send them all back. Every last one. They hate you and your way of life. Or submit. You have two choices. It's time for Reconquista 2.0

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#11 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

I think the UK has been doing a decent job with counterterrorism, it's just that everyone expects the bomber to be inside the venue.  People relax when they come out, they don't expect an "exit bomber" like this.  Now it's time for everyone to retool.

#12 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

GW, what would you have been saying about the Irish back in the 70's and eighties? 

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

— Matthew 6:19–21,24 (KJV)

#13 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

GW, what would you have been saying about the Irish back in the 70's and eighties? 

If you're equating the two there really is no hope for the liberal mind.

And how about a little anger over what has happened rather than negativity towards those who are willing to name the enemy.

• Pressure/Hopenosis likes this

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#14 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

Horrible. The 'exit bombing' is really something that was inevitable. Check every bag and coat going into a stadium, but for all the people streaming to parking lots and transit hubs like last night, there is just no protection. A coordinated attack with several terrorists would be exponentially worse. 

NYC area - the baseball stadiums, the Meadowlands football stadium, MSG...hundreds/thousands of people crammed onto a mass transit platform. Then there is Penn Station, Grand Central, etc. I think about it often. 

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#15 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

umm bombs, innocent lives lost, I'd say there are some similarities.

As far as anger and sadness over this terrible incident. I have plenty, I just don't want to vaporize every muslim person on earth in retaliation. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd make all religions disappear but I suspect people would turn to nationalism or political ideology as an excuse to bomb or sell $110 billion dollars worth of death machines. Your displays of sympathy are insincere and motivated solely by your bigotry. Chances are this bombing is ISIS but keep in mind ISIS always take credit when the suicide bomber is dead and never if the perpetrator is captured alive. 

#16 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Horrible. The 'exit bombing' is really something that was inevitable. Check every bag and coat going into a stadium, but for all the people streaming to parking lots and transit hubs like last night, there is just no protection. A coordinated attack with several terrorists would be exponentially worse. 

NYC area - the baseball stadiums, the Meadowlands football stadium, MSG...hundreds/thousands of people crammed onto a mass transit platform. Then there is Penn Station, Grand Central, etc. I think about it often. 

does banning and arresting bomb making material, at all impinge on the NRA's perverted idea of the right to bear arms? 

#17 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

What happens at a concert like this, with lots of teens in attendance is that most parents don't go.  They drop off, and then come back and go inside the lobby to wait.  They let everyone in, no check.  I can't tell you how many times I've done this myself.  Took my kids to many concert venues and then just walked in and waited to meet them and help get them out quick.  They never patted me down like they patted all the concertgoers down.  So this sort of breach can happen at any of these kind of gatherings.

#18 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

does banning and arresting bomb making material, at all impinge on the NRA's perverted idea of the right to bear arms? 

No.  Not sure why that was directed at me. Clearly you are trying to make a political point, but I am not a strong proponent of guns. Although I do respect the constitutional right to bear arms. 

That statement is nothing short of ridiculous.

• MrSkeptic likes this

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#19 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

Me too.

#20 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

The right to bear arms isn't an idea of the NRA, it's at the core of the very basis of our relationship between human beings and the government.  The materials used in these bombings sometimes end up being ordinary household and yard chemicals.  You're just making a ridiculous argument (as usual) against the right to bear arms and trying to cross-relate it to something unrelateable WTG!  :weirdoCP:  :2  thumbs up:  :all hail  blue:

• MrSkeptic, The Macallan, Pariah Dawg and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users