#21 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Ousted, canned, fired, scattered, smothered and covered...

I think FJ has fired so many people he's had to use the thesaurus to keep boredom away...

• fenderjazz and RushDoggie like this

LYqbjSn.jpg

#22 Oak

Oak

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

Comey Canned is a great alliteration.

The hard "C" adds to its strength.

Cucks Confounded 3rd line.
  • chemistry1973 and GhostWriter like this

#23 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Bad timing on Trump's part. Looks purposeful in lieu of the Russia investigation

But also - Comey, especially during his last conference, appeared incompetent, misunderstanding the most important part of the Clinton investigation.

• A Rebel and a Runner and GhostWriter like this

#24 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, if you're going to fire him, you ride it out until you're not being actively investigated by him anymore, THEN you fire him.

The optics of this will haunt the Republicans for decades, methinks.

It's almost like they shouldn't have hitched their wagons to an egotistical, short-sighted loose-cannon.

• Greg, chemistry1973 and RushDoggie like this

#25 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Yeah, if you're going to fire him, you ride it out until you're not being actively investigated by him anymore, THEN you fire him.

The optics of this will haunt the Republicans for decades, methinks.

It's almost like they shouldn't have hitched their wagons to an egotistical, short-sighted loose-cannon.

And the Republicans, who hold the house and senate, are such pussies that it's 50/50 whether they dare demand accountability from the CiC.

#26 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

Because they know how tenuous their position is, and they're weighing the benefits.
Short-term, they need to stay attached to Trump. They rode his coat-tails into this.
But long-term, he's a toxic asset that they have to jettison at some point or they die with their constituents.

#27 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

"The decision by a President whose campaign associates are under investigation by the F.B.I. for collusion with Russia to fire the man overseeing that investigation, upon the recommendation of an Attorney General who has recused himself from that investigation, raises profound questions about whether the White House is interfering in a criminal investigation."

Comey was supposed to testify tomorrow and now someone else will. Hmmm...

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#28 Oak

Oak

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

"The decision by a President whose campaign associates are under investigation by the F.B.I. for collusion with Russia to fire the man overseeing that investigation, upon the recommendation of an Attorney General who has recused himself from that investigation, raises profound questions about whether the White House is interfering in a criminal investigation."

Comey was supposed to testify tomorrow and now someone else will. Hmmm...

The day after Clinton fired AG Sessions, Vince Foster was found dead.  Hmmmm....

#29 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

The day after Clinton fired AG Sessions, Vince Foster was found dead.  Hmmmm....

OK, but does that change anything?

And let's say Clinton is responsible for Foster which no one has been able to prove but for the purposes of this discussion we will say it is, does one corrupt politician make it OK for another to be corrupt?

• fast eddie likes this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#30 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:12 AM

The Sessions comparison is a pretty apples-to-oranges one. He wasn't investigating Slick Willie actively when he was axed. 

It's just the deflectionary tactic of someone whose team got a point scored against it.  Complain about the refs.

#31 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

I don't think it's too surprising. Here's what he said in November:

https://twitter.com/...134752572301314

Dems wanted Comey fired during the campaign and now they're apoplectic.

Because this latest incident isn't about Comey directly. It's about the President removing the lead investigator into his administration's possible Russian ties. The fact that Comey has fucked things up in the past has no bearing on the appearance of the fox guarding the chickens. 

As far as his opinion of Comey goes, it seems to change every two or three months, as does his opinion on most things. 

• Greg, A Rebel and a Runner and fast eddie like this

#32 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:05 AM

So much disingenuousness from folks these days...why, in my day folks wouldn't dare to act so dumb as what repubs are sayin' now...it's not hypocritical to decry the firing of Comey now, while having said he should've been fired for his part in throwing the election to Trump, intentional or not. FBI is in the middle of investigating the Trump admin, and Trump fires the Director. I bet Trump is eating this up, the new furor he's causing this week. I wonder what's next??? As long as the investigation goes forward, I don't see any long-term issue, unless he installs another lackey into the position...
< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#33 The Enemy Within

The Enemy Within

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:05 AM

You have to empathise with him to a certain extent, overseeing a barrel being turned sour by rotten apples on all sides off the political spectrum.

It's just a shame he played his hand too soon...

#34 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

If you believe the bullshit about Comey being canned for Emailgate or whatever you want to call it, you're being duped.  Played.  Here's all the proof you need...

#35 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

liberals didn't vote for foolish Donnie "Tiny Hands" Trump :lol: :lol: :lol: keep on fiddlin'

Lots of them voted for him after the DNC screwed Bernie. Keep fiddlin' your damn self.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#36 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

Because this latest incident isn't about Comey directly. It's about the President removing the lead investigator into his administration's possible Russian ties. The fact that Comey has fucked things up in the past has no bearing on the appearance of the fox guarding the chickens. 

As far as his opinion of Comey goes, it seems to change every two or three months, as does his opinion on most things. 

Even though no one has given one shred of evidence of Russian collusion and some democrats have even gone on record saying as much. The firing happened after Comey bungled his testimony before congress. It clearly needed to happen.

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#37 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:53 AM

And for those needing a little levity on the situation....someone had too much time on their hands

https://twitter.com/...740995522613248

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#38 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

"Lots of them voted for him after the DNC screwed Bernie"

Margin of victory in WI - 22 748 MI - 10 704 PA - 44 292 for a grand total of  77 744

Sure it was enough to win but out of 136 628 459 votes cast, is that really a landslide? Trump describes it as such and we all know how full o' shit he is, but it doesn't even rise to your "lots of them" mark. This was more of "by a whisker" victory - if one were to go by actual numbers and not gut feelings and hyperbolic "presidential" comments.

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

— Matthew 6:19–21,24 (KJV)

#39 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

Growing weary of this 'margin of victory' narrative. I'd call it a landslide relative to previous elections. 

Total Dem margin of victory in MI, PA & WI

2012 - 1.0mm

2008 - 1.9mm

2004 - 320k

2000 - 430k

1996 - 1.2mm

1992 - 900k

How could you look at the voting demographics of those states the last quarter century and not realize that a Repub win across all three states by any margin was a major beat down.

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#40 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

Grow weary all you like, Trump won 3 states by a sum total of 77 744 votes. Fact.

• fast eddie likes this

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

— Matthew 6:19–21,24 (KJV)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users