131 replies to this topic

#121 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

In the meantime, if a child wants to socially transition to the opposite gender as a child, I can't see the harm. Especially in our (horrors) socially progressive society, where in truth most kids today when finding out that Jane would prefer to be called Johnny as a young child will say "oh, ok" and move on, because kids don't care about that stuff unless someone has taught them its a bad thing. In reality it affects nothing for Jane to wear boys clothes and be a he pre-puberty. Jane may grow out of it once the hormones kick in, or may not. So long as its a transition led by the child I see no real harm.

Have you been around kids? They are innately cruel to one another. Just spend some time observing kids on social media. If the data is correct and 80% do self-correct through puberty, then you are going to cause the majority of them immense harm. I have a hard time taking you seriously if you advocate allowing this to be done to children. It is a complete abdication of parental responsibility. You have to be 16 to drive and 18 to vote; but 5 to pick your gender and receive hormone treatment. It's abuse.

That is a strawman that shows a pretty big gap in your knowledge of biology, so I won't bother answering here except to say that not sharing the same genes does not equal how genes allow developmental expression.

Sigh. You missed the point. Again. So what do we do about all those people claiming that they are something "other"? There is no settled science on the issue and it's all just speculative at this point. Do we take every claim of transgendered, transracial, transspecies, transabled, at face value? Especially when therapies have proven to "cure" some of these delusions? Where's your line in the sand?

I really wish you had chosen a different example, because it makes me a little uncomfortable to be discussing the hypothetical sexual assault on your daughter, but since we are here, if the choice were she would commit suicide or be forever damaged by bringing little human/wookie into the world, then I wouldn't call it murder. By your definition, it might be manslaughter. It does show that your worldview and mindset are very literal and black and white, not terribly nuanced. Thus I really should know better than to try this kind of discussion with you.

Picking the extremes which rarely happen doesn't help and you continue to miss the salient point of the pro-life position. The baby is a person. Period. It's ontological status does not change at the whim of the mother or because of the manner in which it was conceived. Your inability to see this shows the imprecise thought processes of the pro-abortion mindset and, I can only assume, helps to cauterize oneself from the reality of the barbarous practice. It almost seems purposely disingenuous.

Again, why is one expert "falling out of grace" because of the opinion of other experts. Are you saying that the doctors and psychologists who disagree with his findings are unable to think past a "political narrative" (there you go with the narratives and agendas again) and do their job as doctors and researchers? That only your guy is able to stand strong against the wave of liberal oppression and hold firm to his convictions? Do you realize how silly that sounds

Well you're certainly not considering the other alternative, despite the empirical evidence in support of the position and years of data, so forgive me for not taking your criticism that seriously. And if you are that naive to not think there is a certain political narrative behind this pushing this, then you haven't been paying attention. I can't help you.

T

So there we have it. There's so much wrong with that whole paragraph that I don't even know where to start.

I said it was a prediction. Let's sit back and wait to see what happens. How is it wrong if it hasn't happened yet and I've said as much? Try and hide your bias a little better. 

This is a reality that will have to be sorted out and soon, because if we separate genders based on strength or size we really can't say that it is a level playing field.

I agree that this small part of the issue needs a plan.

XX or XY. Problem solved. But feel free to wallow in your nuance. That's the problem with the progressive mind, simple solutions go unnoticed. Try not to cut yourself on Occam's Razor.

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#122 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

^^^ You realize you have pretty much completely ignored every carefully constructed difference of opinion, fact and evidence I painstakingly made the effort to share, with minimal insults and glossed over it all with a big sweep of the straw man brush peppered with vocabulary-word-of-the-week insults and condescension.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm going to go play with my dogs now.

• Greg, A Rebel and a Runner and Moving Target like this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#123 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Like I said, it doesn't pay to be polite to him, so you might as well have fun being honest.

He will not respect us.  He has no respect for people who are not exactly like him.

No reason to expect otherwise.
A lesson I wish Obama had learned by about 2012.

#124 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

Disengage...

• Moving Target likes this

#125 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

^^^ You realize you have pretty much completely ignored every carefully constructed difference of opinion, fact and evidence I painstakingly made the effort to share, with minimal insults and glossed over it all with a big sweep of the straw man brush peppered with vocabulary-word-of-the-week insults and condescension.

I love how you sensitive types can throw around the insults but when I return them you get all butthurt. Again, and as always, it started nice until you couldn't help yourself and take it there. I fully admitted to you I went and looked up some of the things you mentioned but quite obviously you had no interest in doing the same. 

Like I said, it doesn't pay to be polite to him, so you might as well have fun being honest.

He will not respect us.  He has no respect for people who are not exactly like him.

No reason to expect otherwise.
A lesson I wish Obama had learned by about 2012.

The funny thing is I do have a lot of respect for you and others here but I will reply in the manner that you address me; always have. I thought this was obvious by now but I guess the socially autistic miss those important cues.

I love how you sensitive types can throw around the insults but when I return them you get all butthurt. Again, and as always, it started nice until you couldn't help yourself and take it there.

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#126 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

Hard to say it better. Nice to see others also sounding the alarm...

• Three Eyes and SJS like this

- Francis Bacon

#127 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

The narrative is real despite those here who laugh at the concept. The first 90 mins of this is really informative and a great conversation around the fascist underpinnings of the trans movement.

- Francis Bacon

#128 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,632 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

Careful not to play with your dogs on the side of a hill just after it's rained. :)

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#129 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,632 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#130 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Careful not to play with your dogs on the side of a hill just after it's rained. :)

qué?

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#131 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,632 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

qué?

Slippery slope.

#132 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

Slippery slope.

I get it now! slow on the uptake...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users