6 replies to this topic

#1 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,053 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

The grim, violent efficiency of this machine is terrifying. lol. Imagine if it was sentient.

https://www.facebook...38484849505591/

• Pariah Dawg likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#2 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,269 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

There are really some amazing things being done with robotics right now.  I think this part of the century we are taking our advances in communications and computing and starting to make practical more physical use of that power.

#3 Valium

Valium

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

• Three Eyes likes this

#4 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,053 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

^^^ Yeah, they're adorbs until one of them decides to use one of your front incisors as a guitar pick.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#5 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,053 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

I think I accidentally ate one of these.

#6 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,053 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

Driverless tractors. This ad plays like one of those fictionalized industrial commercials you see in futuristic movies like Robocop and T2.

Your days are numbered, dahling.

e154.jpg

#7 MaxxQ

MaxxQ

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:33 AM

Couldn't decide which video to post, so here's the channel for everyone to check out on their own: https://www.youtube..../BostonDynamics

These robots are pretty sophisticated, and can handle serious abuse by their builders, including keeping their balance when kicked over, and getting back up when falling.  Bipedal, quadruped, and wheeled - all are pretty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
English is the result of Norman men at arms trying to get dates with Saxon barmaids and is as legitimate as any other outcome of that activity. ~ H. Beam Piper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users