#41 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Islam means submission. Every single Muslim knows this. They just have different means by which to bring it about but it is a fundamental tenet. They are to bring all infidels into submission to Allah; by force if necessary as taught in both the Koran and by their prophet.

Christianity believes in praying for those outside of the faith and there is no teaching by which to force conversion upon unbelievers and to live peaceably among all men. (there are only about 2000 kkk members in the US so it's not even a relevant group. They're view of racial superiority goes against what the Bible teaches, whereas jihad is taught by the Koran).

Islam means submission. Every single Muslim knows this. They just have different means by which to bring it about but it is a fundamental tenet. They are to bring all infidels into submission to Allah; by force if necessary as taught in both the Koran and by their prophet.

Christianity believes in praying for those outside of the faith and there is no teaching by which to force conversion upon unbelievers and to live peaceably among all men. (there are only about 2000 kkk members in the US so it's not even a relevant group. They're view of racial superiority goes against what the Bible teaches, whereas jihad is taught by the Koran).

You avoided my first question.  Is ISIL the same thing as Islam?

#42 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

They are Islamic. They are Muslims. They are trying to hasten the end that ALL Muslims hope for. They are expediting the process to reach the same goal that all Muslims want. 

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#43 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

They are trying to hasten the end that ALL Muslims hope for. They are expediting the process to reach the same goal that all Muslims want. 

What is that?

#44 AsIfToFly

AsIfToFly

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

And all Christians are awaiting the rapture and the apocalypse and all that, right?
  • MrSkeptic likes this

#45 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:49 AM

And all Christians are awaiting the rapture and the apocalypse and all that, right?

Indeed they are. I distinctly recall when I was 7 or 8 years old (almost 48 years ago) that we were in the end times and Jesus would be returning soon so we should be prepared. Well? I worked with a guy in the Air Force who was Mormon (he wised up) listen to some senior member the church he attended when he was a kid, tell his grandmother that she would witness the Second Coming™ before she died. Again, well?

The thing is, us mere mortals don't and can't know the grand plan or how God's time jives with our 24 hour day. Isn't that right GW?

Some comedian once did a bit that went something like this.

Q: God, what is a 1000 years to you?

A: But a second.

Q: God, what is a million dollars to you?

A: Just a penny.

Q; God, can I have a penny?

A: In just a second.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#46 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

If there's a difference, I haven't seen one.

• Moving Target likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#47 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

Benefits of your scriptures being written at a time when the Christians were a persecuted minority.

A more appropriate comparison to Islam would be Judaism, which were written in much more similar circumstances. And look quite similar.  

If it weren't for the oppression of the Romans, I guarantee your Christian scripture would be as loathesome as any Islamic or Jewish ones. Hell, just look at what the Christians did after ascending to power centuries later. Could you imagine a Bible written at the ame time as the Maleus Malificarum? 

Specious. Islam emerged from persecuted to persecutor. After something like a decade, Muhammad only had a few hundred followers. But the flock grew rapidly from that point as the specter of having one's head removed proved to be a better conversion method.

FYI, Muhammad lifted a lot from Judaism.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#48 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:14 AM

Specious. Islam emerged from persecuted to persecutor. After something like a decade, Muhammad only had a few hundred followers. But the flock grew rapidly from that point as the specter of having one's head removed proved to be a better conversion method.

FYI, Muhammad lifted a lot from Judaism.

I'm well aware.
But the "persecuted" status of Islam was self-made. That is, they weren't an already-maligned group within their broader society like the Roman Jews were at the time of Jesus.

And it didn't take them the three centuries it took Christianity to become dominant in their geographic region or to gain actual political and military power.
Early Christianity was very much an underdog in a way early Islam couldn't have been.  You don't get to preach about murdering the nonbeliever (or obliterating the Amalekites, for a Jewish equivalent) when you're a fringe religion that was founded by a group already conquered militarily and liable to be crucified for stepping too far out of line.

#49 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

They are Islamic. They are Muslims. They are trying to hasten the end that ALL Muslims hope for. They are expediting the process to reach the same goal that all Muslims want.

Every Muslim I know says they are anathema to Islam. They will not only kill every infidel, but any Muslim who will not join their death cult. Any Shi'a, any chap who enjoys a beer with his Anglo mates after work, any lad who listens to hip-hop, any lass who won't wear burkha is equally fair game to them.

#50 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:34 AM

Turns out that the killer had been in trouble with the Police from age 18, decades before reverting. Seems like your classic petty criminal career fuckwit. Good job he didn't figure out that he could have rented a seven-tonne truck on his licence instead of a car and done a lot more damage.

Theresa May said he had been a person of interest once, but MI5 were not actively monitoring his phone calls and on-line activity.

Seven arrests in Birmingham were made yesterday. Finding out who he knew, I guess.

#51 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

If there's a difference, I haven't seen one.

Theresa May said today that this is not an 'Islamic terror attack'. There has never been such a thing, just as the murders of Airey Neve MP and Jo Cox MP were not 'Christian terror attacks'.

This was an Islamist terror attack, a perversion of a great faith, she said.

#52 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

There are three distinct eschatalogical views on the end times; so no, not all Christians believe that.

And Christians aren't beheading people, creating terror, calling for a Christian nation, etc, to hasten that end. To even make the comparison is so grossly ignorant it hardly merited a reply.

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#53 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

The thing is, us mere mortals don't and can't know the grand plan or how God's time jives with our 24 hour day. Isn't that right GW?

True.

- Francis Bacon

#54 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

There are three distinct eschatalogical views on the end times; so no, not all Christians believe that.

And Christians aren't beheading people, creating terror, calling for a Christian nation, etc, to hasten that end. To even make the comparison is so grossly ignorant it hardly merited a reply.

I try to avoid generalisations of this type.

There is a Christian terror group in the Central African Republic doing most of those things, carrying out ethnic cleansing.

And remember the example of Breitvik in Norway.

#55 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

I try to avoid generalisations of this type.

There is a Christian terror group in the Central African Republic doing most of those things, carrying out ethnic cleansing.

And remember the example of Breitvik in Norway.

They are not doing what their book or their prophet commands, whereas the Muslim terrorists are. Therein lies the difference.

And if you have read any of the ramblings of Breivik he cannot be rationally classified as a Christian.

- Francis Bacon

#56 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

They are not doing what their book or their prophet commands, whereas the Muslim terrorists are. Therein lies the difference.

And if you have read any of the ramblings of Breivik he cannot be rationally classified as a Christian.

Ok,but then I (and Theresa May) would argue that jihadis are not taking their book's commands in the context they were written in.

The Saudis have expressed sorrow at the London attack. Weasel words, given that they are responsible for propagating worldwide this perversion of Islam.

Would that we stopped trading with them and selling them weapons. Dammit, we can't because they have oil..... roll on green tech, then we can stop dealing with these medieval despots.

#57 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Drill baby drill!
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#58 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Ok,but then I (and Theresa May) would argue that jihadis are not taking their book's commands in the context they were written in.

The two of you may want to argue that but it would be in the face of a bloody history to the contrary.

The Saudis have expressed sorrow at the London attack. Weasel words, given that they are responsible for propagating worldwide this perversion of Islam.

Would that we stopped trading with them and selling them weapons. Dammit, we can't because they have oil..... roll on green tech, then we can stop dealing with these medieval despots.

On that we can agree. The West needs to alienate the Saudis. Alienate the entire middle east until they get their house in order. Won't happen though, so this will continue.

- Francis Bacon

#59 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,462 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:18 AM

The two of you may want to argue that but it would be in the face of a bloody history to the contrary.

On that we can agree. The West needs to alienate the Saudis. Alienate the entire middle east until they get their house in order. Won't happen though, so this will continue.

They've got naked pics of us. 

• GhostWriter likes this

#60 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:15 AM

Long-term the Saudis have opened Pandora's box on themselves. Eventually the price of oil will collapse as we find greener ways to move our vehicles and power our buildings. Then they will be reduced to where they were in the 1920s. They will not be able to afford their army and police, or any infrastructure, and the jihadis they created will rise up and turn on them. Another refugee wave will spread out as the Arabian peninsular erupts into civil war.
  • A Rebel and a Runner and GhostWriter like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users