#2 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

Who cares? Is Drumpf going to resign in embarrassment? So what if he hasn't paid any taxes unless he's done something illegal to accomplish that?

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#3 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:16 AM

The lefties think there is something to be found.

#4 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

The lefties think there is something to be found.

They also think that they can accomplish something productive by protesting the election or stop people from dressing as Storm Troopers at a Star Wars themed class reunion or manipulating the primaries and caucuses to ensure Hillary got the nomination. I could go on but you get the point.

• Pariah Dawg likes this

#5 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

Lol. Possibly scooped by Trump himself.

Paid almost twice as much as Bernie.

Nothingburger (w/ Russian dressing) third line.
  • Oak likes this
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#6 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,622 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

5ae9a533220975375d8e2b41687c21e6.jpg

• chemistry1973 likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#7 Oak

Oak

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

Bigly fail for Maddow. Reminiscent of Geraldo Rivera's reveal of Al Capone's vault.
  • MrSkeptic likes this

#8 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

The tax release is political b.s. and really doesn't amount to much.  Your taxes go to the IRS, a government agency.  They pour over these records with a fine tooth comb and determine if what you are saying there is truthful.  If there is any violation of any kind, do you think that something would be made of it?  In other words, making someone's tax records a public record merely allows one's opposition to find fodder to sensationalize something which is already legal anyway?  There's no big revelation.  Nothing to see here, regardless.  They aren't secret.  There are many people who have seen his tax records at the IRS and his own tax attorneys.  Were there something substantive, he'd already be behind bars.  That's why I don't make a big deal of it.  We need substantive information about a candidate.  I just don't feel a 1040 of a head of a corporation tells you much.  Most of what Trump did in his business are in the public record already.  It's not like he worked at a gas station.

• Oak likes this

#9 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Bigly fail for Maddow. Reminiscent of Geraldo Rivera's reveal of Al Capone's vault.

I thought the same thing.
  • RushDoggie likes this

#10 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern, MI

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:10 PM

arDM3.gif

• Oak likes this

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#11 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

Only Geraldo obviously didn't know the contents (or lack thereof) ahead of time.

Madcow was fully aware of what she had and pressed forward anyway.

Personally, I say lock them both in a vault.
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#12 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:55 AM

The big deal is his refusal to release them, and the fact that he pays so little in taxes(which is an obvious revenue problem but not something you can pin on those simply taking advantage of a flawed system). I don't think many anti-Trump folks thought there'd be a smoking gun there, just more confirmation that he's a rich sumbitch who games the system and yet managed to be our pRez...pretty much just as astonishing as Putin's rise in Russia...
< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#13 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:25 AM

The big deal is his refusal to release them, and the fact that he pays so little in taxes(which is an obvious revenue problem but not something you can pin on those simply taking advantage of a flawed system). I don't think many anti-Trump folks thought there'd be a smoking gun there, just more confirmation that he's a rich sumbitch who games the system and yet managed to be our pRez...pretty much just as astonishing as Putin's rise in Russia...

Everyone who has the ability "games the system" or they pay too much in taxes. For 2005 he paid about 24% of his income in taxes what do you think his percentage should be and why? 

#14 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

I won't fault the rich for taking advantage of what's available to them, tho I'd say that they, themselves(or thru their reps) put those loopholes in place, so maybe I will fault them for that. All the wealthy and all the Corps. should be paying a "fair share" into the public coffers and not be afforded the loopholes we have now. Repubs decry deicits, yet they shower the wealthy with tax cuts and tax breaks. The %age is arguable, the legitimized "gaming" is more the real issue. The rich and corps pay far less than in the past, exactly because they have turned the system to their advantage...
< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#15 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

I won't fault the rich for taking advantage of what's available to them, tho I'd say that they, themselves(or thru their reps) put those loopholes in place, so maybe I will fault them for that. All the wealthy and all the Corps. should be paying a "fair share" into the public coffers and not be afforded the loopholes we have now. Repubs decry deicits, yet they shower the wealthy with tax cuts and tax breaks. The %age is arguable, the legitimized "gaming" is more the real issue. The rich and corps pay far less than in the past, exactly because they have turned the system to their advantage...

Most of the tax breaks the rich get are designed to modify behavior.  Do something that benefits society or something the government wants you to do and you are rewarded.  That's why they are in there.  Also tax breaks to stimulate the economy.  Remember the rich start out paying a higher percentage of their earnings as tax thanks to the progressive rates and also the AMT.

#16 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:48 AM

The lefty conspiracy theory on this is that Trump himself released what was a partial tax return with no evidence he did anything wrong and also not showing where his income comes from.

I suspect the reason he is hiding them is that he doesn't want people picking through what he gets income from, versus that hes not paid enough taxes. Its easier to claim no conflict of interest when no one can see where your money comes from.

• AsIfToFly and A Rebel and a Runner like this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#17 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

The 2005 Tax Return has been available for some time.  It's not news.  Bits and pieces of it, including the bottom line were reported on as early as 2015.  It was submitted for a NJ project as evidence.  https://www.wsj.com/...axes-1458249902

#18 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

Trump says he's being audited, but if it were going any further than that, he may not know. If the Criminal Investigation Division is looking at someone's taxes, it's up to them as to whether or not the advise the taxpayer. Usually they don't. If CID thinks it rises to a criminal level, they refer it to the Department of Justice. The DOJ decides whether or not to take the matter further.

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users