111 replies to this topic

#21 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

This was a lie worthy of the master himself.

f2acb670618ed5c4863df01594edb024.jpg

• chemistry1973 likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#22 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

If I were to guess, Jon Anderson decided this and didn't clear it with the band.

I think that sounds reasonable

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

— Matthew 6:19–21,24 (KJV)

#23 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

If I were to guess, Jon Anderson decided this and didn't clear it with the band.

Yes, this and I also didn't realize that Yes had already been touring for about a year without Squire (one of Squire's last wishes for the band was that they continue as a band without him). 

Billy Sherwood has been filling in for Squire, and I just learned that he was previously a member of Yes, playing guitar and keyboards from '97 to '00.  So, it would make sense that Sherwood would be a more practical choice to play at the ceremony, as much as I would have loved to see Geddy playing.

From Wikipedia:

On May 19, 2015, it was officially announced that Chris Squire would be undergoing treatment for Acute erythroid leukemia, and that Yes would continue their 2015 North American tour with Sherwood filling Squire's role.[2] After Squire's passing on June 27, 2015, Sherwood—as well as other members of Yes (both former and current)--made a public statement expressing his grief. In regards to his new role as the now-permanent bassist for Yes: "Chris said to me, 'play the music, be yourself and make me proud'. It’s my true desire now [to] live up to his wishes."[

#24 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

Sad.

Attached Files

• Three Eyes, MrSkeptic and EZrhythm like this

#25 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

I mean, if the Buggles could do it, why not Ged?

#26 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

There's nothing I'd like more than to see Geddy play with Yes and The Who, or even a gig with Clapton where he got to play some Cream tunes.  I'm sure he would do his idols well.

#27 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:37 AM

Keep Clapton the fuck away from Geddy.

98296fc47215615552dcd1e80d0f4fd2.jpg
  • MrSkeptic and The Macallan like this

#28 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

So now it might happen afterall?

http://www.rushisaba...g-with-the-band

Drummer Alan White replying to a fan's question via the band's official website:

Yes, we will be performing and I do believe Geddy has agreed to play bass for the band. We'll be playing 2 songs that everybody knows. I'm going to New York with a very positive sense of playing together again. It will be a bit of an adventure for everybody but when you put us all in the same room, we all know the songs, so it shouldn't take too long to rehearse them.

• GhostWriter likes this

#29 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

It would be surprising to me for Geddy to not join in playing with them, if they wanted him to.  I'm sure the only internal issue would be not stranding Alex as there are a surplus of Yes guitarists as it already is.  I'm thankful anyone is performing given all of the bitter bands that chose not to reunite (KISS, Chicago, Van Halen, Deep Purple, GnR, etc, cough cough)

As I live 40 minutes away from the induction, I've been toying with the idea of going.  The cheapest tickets right now on Stubhub are $336 each for absolute nosebleed seats.  Something more acceptable (sides, mid level) are over $1500!  I won't go on just a chance Geddy will play.  I think if anything, Rush's management is doing us a favor by being coy.  Can you imagine how pissed some fans would be to go and pay all of that money and it doesn't work out with Geddy and Yes and he somehow doesn't end up playing with them?

#30 lbw16

lbw16

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

I got a ticket off StubHub after the rumor first surfaced, not only to see the boys, but to see Pearl Jam, ELO and Journey as well. But, what about the jam, do we think Geddy and Alex will play in that??

#31 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

I read today that Neil Young is ill so David Letterman is going to induct Pearl Jam. 

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#32 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

I read today that Neil Young is ill so David Letterman is going to induct Pearl Jam. 

That's a shame. I hear he's had a brain aneurysm. Neil Young inducting Pearl Jam would have been very appropriate as he was probably the main progenitor of the grunge sound.

• fast eddie likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#33 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

Dave will slay. Sad to not see Neil jam with the boys, but this will be great.

#34 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

That's a shame. I hear he's had a brain aneurysm. Neil Young inducting Pearl Jam would have been very appropriate as he was probably the main progenitor of the grunge sound.

Sad about Neil, but I always felt that was more said than true that he was the "founder" of the grunge sound.  Grunge is a hybrid of punk/metal/arena rock.  It's got more in common with Black Sabbath than Neil Young.

#35 BK 2112

BK 2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

Dave seems kind of random, did he give PJ their first big TV break or something?
"Enjoy every sandwich" ~ Warren Zevon "You only ride the marble once" ~ My Father-in-Law "Might as well, can't dance" ~ also my F-i-L

#36 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Dave seems kind of random, did he give PJ their first big TV break or something?

He's been a fan for years. I believe they did a total of 7 performances on his show over the years.
  • BK 2112 likes this

#37 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=zOAzJFd4KDA

#38 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

https://youtu.be/qHWdLfrfVAA

#39 sickasadog

sickasadog

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

The aneurysm was over a decade ago. Apparently his illness is "nothing major" but he is 71 years old.

#40 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:36 PM

Just saw a rehearsal pic. It's happening. Geddy is playing with them.Attached File  IMG_0163.JPG   28.6K   32 downloads

Thanks to Circy Tree
  • Three Eyes and The Macallan like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users