• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern, MI

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Mike Portnoy
on Wednesday

Hmmmm....what have we here??
I'm in LA recording an album with something NEW...
Sorry, this is all you're gonna get outta me on this for a while...More will be revealed at a later date...stay tuned!
#ProgMetalSupergroup Coming soon... 1f60e.png😎

17021347_1598769110140725_73914769657605
Dream Theater kit?  Ged and/or Alex doing anything right now?  Prog supergroup?  Oh to dream...

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#2 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:13 AM

I think it's Alex and Ged and they chose LA so they can lure Neil into dropping by. Neil gets jealous and says "how could you do this to me, guys?" They say "Well Neil, you retired" and they take it from there. Hope my reveal doesn't spoil things

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

— Matthew 6:19–21,24 (KJV)

#3 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,199 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this "supergroup" contained Geddy or Alex.  I'm sure they have the itch by now to do something.  It wouldn't surprise me if someone from the Yes circles were a part of something as well, given all that's gone on with those guys.  Could be some newer bands too.  Anyway, interesting.  That kit certainly looks like overkill for The Winery Dogs, that's for sure.  

#4 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

I could only hope Geddy and/or Al would be involved but my gut tells me they wouldn't want to get involved with Portnoy. 

• stoopid likes this

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#5 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,199 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

I could only hope Geddy and/or Al would be involved but my gut tells me they wouldn't want to get involved with Portnoy. 

He's such a fanboy, yes.  I'd think they would choose someone like Matt Cameron or Stuart Copeland to work with.

• stoopid and GhostWriter like this

#6 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

If Ged and/or Al were to get involved with any kind of metalist, Devin Townsend would be my pick. I know he's not a drummer. lol.

• GhostWriter likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#7 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Portnoy likes to hype things.  It's probably just some leftovers from prog bands even prog fans don't know about.  :P

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users