2 replies to this topic

#1 Rick N Backer

Rick N Backer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

The dream starts off by heading to see Rush play in a school auditorium similar to the one they played in with Rutsey in '74 in the documentary.  We get there early and there's a stairwell that goes around the outside perimeter of the auditorium and I spend a lot of time walking through there with my friend, trying to explain my libertarian political views and why I didn't vote for Hillary or Trump in the presidential election (he was a Hillary supporter and very angry in real life to the point where I avoided any political discussion with him).  After awhile I decide my legs are tired and it's time to go in to the auditorium.  From outside, I can hear "Earthshine" playing and I think, "wow, I can't believe they're playing Earthshine!"

When we finally get settled in seats in the front row, we see Rush is not actually up there playing.  There are 3 little kids on the stage - grandchildren of Ged, Alex and Neil.  There's a small drum kit set up and one kid is sitting on the drum stool looking at all the drum parts but not attempting to play anything.  Toy guitars are on stands but not being played.  Another kid is on the floor playing with toys and the third kid is very young, still in a playpen.  The music is coming from an old stereo system on the stage which is playing a vinyl LP.  The auditorium is almost full and after a few minutes, someone near me says, "are people really going to stick around to watch this?"  So I get up and leave and meet a bunch of my friends out in the lobby and we spend a lot of time talking about different things.  There's a little more to the dream but it's bizarro and not Rush-related so I won't post it.

#2 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

Time is a gypsy caravan

Steals away in the night

To leave you stranded in dreamland

neil-presto-scarf.jpg