#1 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 23 December 2020 - 04:42 PM

I guess with the board back up, I can maybe sneak in a post about the new album I finally put out this month, my first new release in 14 years (it seems kind of crazy to me now that I let that much time pass). Anyway, the album is called Chasing Fire and is a collection of sort of prog-rock/electronic hybrid material, driven by busy bass parts and lots of synths, including a few extended 7 to 8-minute more "proggy" pieces.

For those who may be interested, the best deal for downloads is here: Chasing Fire on Bandcamp

And CD's (as well as downloads) are available on Amazon Chasing Fire on Amazon

And here's the video for the opening track. "Fringe Case" was originally inspired by picking up an original Steinberger bass and deciding it would be fun to do a track that sounded like it could have come from the year that bass was made - 1985. So the clip has a little bit of '80s music vid flavor here and there too. Funny thing is, after I'd shot the video, I decided I didn't entirely dig how the Steinberger sounded on the song, so I rerecorded the bass track with a Lakland JO4 (Jazz Bass equivalent). So the bass you see is not the one you hear. ;)

• grep and Three Eyes like this

#2 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:46 AM

Really nice, Dave. Glad to see you're back releasing new music. The board still acts glitchy so I think that's why there's so little traffic here nowadays.

• DaveG likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#3 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,689 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 07 March 2021 - 01:54 AM

Excellent Dave.  Good to hear your new work. It's very inspiring - sounds fantastic.   Will buy the mp3's later tonight.

Edit: PS, your stuff is going into the summer playlist this year. ;)

• DaveG likes this

#4 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 11 March 2021 - 05:21 PM

Thank you very kindly, guys! Btw, if you don't get the album from Bandcamp (where the download includes the PDF booklet with lyrics, bio, etc.), the booklet can also be downloaded separately from my website.

I actually have enough more guitar-heavy, less synth-focused material done to fill another album at this point. I could put that out as early as this coming summer, though given how much I tend to deliberate over things these days and how everything seems to take longer than I expect it to, I'll just say hopefully sometime this year!

• grep likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users