#1 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:36 PM

Thought I'd post a couple of recently-completed bits of my musical weirdness, now that CP is back.

The first is a track from the now-basically-done album that's a collection of synth-driven semi-prog. There's plenty of bass on this album, but the emphasis is on synths rather than guitars. I've shot and edited the video for the opening track (which is not this song) and now I'm basically tweaking/finessing mixes, working on the graphics, etc.

https://www.dropbox....16-bit.wav?dl=0

And here's a track from what will be the next album after that, which is a lot more guitar-heavy and somewhat more traditionally "proggy". That album is like 75% done, so it's possible I may get that one out in 2020 as well.

https://www.dropbox....16-bit.wav?dl=0

It occurred to me that both tracks I snagged to post are rather "cloudy" (in terms of lyrical metaphors). Longing for transcendence above them in one and to descend below them and get grounded again in the other. Which just goes to illustrate that the grass always seems greener and people are never satisfied!

• grep and Three Eyes like this

#2 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,688 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:31 PM

Sounds great Dave. It's good to hear more of your work.  Both songs definitely sound like 'you' .  :)

Keep us updated about your albums, I'll be near the front of the line when they're done.

• DaveG likes this

#3 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:57 AM

Thank you kindly!

Btw, I realized a bit ago that I had broken the link to the first track when I replaced the file with an updated earlier today. It's fixed now. (After living with that mix for a few days, I realized that ribbon microphone I was trying out just wasn't working for me, so I had to pull my AT4047 back out and completely re-record the vocals. Live and learn!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users