sbach66

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationFLA

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

a former member of the lighting crew - the stories he told were amazing

Yep. He worked for See Factor for many years. I worked with him at a country music themed restaurant/entertainment venue, he was head of production (I was in the kitchen). As soon as I met him, I recognized his name from many album credits. He had a great picture of he, Al, and several other crew members at a CP tour crew golf tournament, and he had a cool CP trophy from same tournament.

#42 sbach66

sbach66

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationFLA

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:45 PM

I guess somehow I qualify as a "superfan" but I never really thought of it that way.  I participate in online discussion, I partially own a messageboard and manage it (kind of) and I've been to 73 shows in my lifetime.  That said, I don't buy everything they put out.  I don't listen to the entire catalog.  I even go months without listening.  To be honest, what motivated me as a fan was the prospect of seeing them live.  It was the reason for listening and the inspiration to go back and discover songs in the catalog I'd previously passed over.  Without that driving force, I don't know where my fandom goes from here.  It's uncharted territory.

I was/am a bit different. The tours were always the icing on the cake that pushed everything over the top. The playlists I mentioned in my post have been regular go-to's for the most part while driving (more so with NEP's passing, going back and rediscovering them a bit, some had been on the backburner for some time), and it's always been about the recorded music for me. 

The tribute channel on SiriusXM has been nice because it has pulled some stuff up that I haven't heard in quite some time. (Still don't really care for most of the HYF stuff, but I respect that they're going deep - they played "Tai Shan" the other day, which surprised the hell out of me...and confirmed that I still don't like it.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users