#41 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:54 AM

Good for you, it was not fun!

We went to the Falls multiple times a year, but no matter how much my brother and I begged, our folks would never take us up the tower in those little yellow cars (we called them bugs) that went up and down on the sides. I was there a few years ago with my youngest son and finally did it. Cool to see Toronto from up there across the lake. I miss that part of the continent. 

The Skylon Tower. Lol. My summer job in university was driving one of those green People Mover buses around the Falls and various parking lots. Nights on Clifton Hill outide The House of Frankenstein and The Houdini Hall of Fame....just pure trash. lol.

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#42 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:53 PM

Shows:
Signals, Champaign IL
HYF, Chicago

Me too! I was 2nd row for the Champaign show. It was great.

#43 AsIfToFly

AsIfToFly

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:07 AM

Me too! I was 2nd row for the Champaign show. It was great.

Wow what are the chances? Were you a student there?

I was in the upper section. I don’t remember it all that well though. I was about 14 I think.

#44 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:43 PM

I find Neil Peart's drumming to be hit and miss throughout the 70s. His drumming on 2112 and Hemispheres is excellent. But on AFTK it is not very good. Half of his work on CoS is middling. Bastille Day is awful, mostly because of his performance. Live it was even worse, with an inability to find a locked tempo, with constant musical fighting with Alex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users