#1 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 4,566 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:52 AM

Our drummer has died.

Our board was dead, well I'm sorry a lot of the posts post 2016 are gone.  The database was hosed so many times.  Please accept apologies.  We need a place, today, now.  So this is the best that can be done on short notice.  Hopefully we don't have to do this again.

If you can't log in with your ID/Password, email your user name, your real name (I want to make sure we get the right people matched up with their correct board names!) and I will reset your password and mail it back to you.  Sorry about all of this.  Love to you all

• Slim, grep, Three Eyes and 3 others like this

#2 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,688 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:38 AM

Joe, this is fucking awesome! Thank you man. Thank you.

We need this place now to pay tribute to the professor and be our community is this horrible time.

#3 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

Yay! Good to be back.

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

#4 madrigal

madrigal

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Locationneither here, nor there

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:55 AM

You're the best, Joe. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for all that you do for our little community...our home. 

• Greg, Mission Position and Rush Didact like this

#5 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:03 PM

I'm very happy the board is back. Thank you Joe.

But.

I wasn't super stoked about how the board was shut-down. It happened repeatedly, and then finally, with no notice, or seemingly no explanation. It would give a couple heaves of breath, but then it just went lights out.

What was the deal? Was there an explanation? Because it missed me if there was.

#6 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 4,566 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

I'm very happy the board is back. Thank you Joe.

But.

I wasn't super stoked about how the board was shut-down. It happened repeatedly, and then finally, with no notice, or seemingly no explanation. It would give a couple heaves of breath, but then it just went lights out.

What was the deal? Was there an explanation? Because it missed me if there was.

Our host has had many issues.  The database server was crashing repeatedly and they were very unresponsive. The database corrupted two different ways.  I restored many backups and they were corrupted too.  I had to reach back to a much earlier backup and restored it twice, and we ran for a couple of weeks no issue, then the database server crashed multiple times and corrupted the data again.  Recently things have been more stable with the host.  Last Friday night, I restored the database again to the same known good backup and here we are.

I'll take more frequent backups and longer term look to move to a new hosting company and do some much needed upgrades to the board software.

• chemistry1973 and Rush Didact like this

#7 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:50 PM

Our host has had many issues.  The database server was crashing repeatedly and they were very unresponsive. The database corrupted two different ways.  I restored many backups and they were corrupted too.  I had to reach back to a much earlier backup and restored it twice, and we ran for a couple of weeks no issue, then the database server crashed multiple times and corrupted the data again.  Recently things have been more stable with the host.  Last Friday night, I restored the database again to the same known good backup and here we are.

I'll take more frequent backups and longer term look to move to a new hosting company and do some much needed upgrades to the board software.

Thanks man. Glad it's back.

#8 The Gangster of Boats

The Gangster of Boats

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:24 AM

The Biker Bar may have cracks in the walls, filthy bathrooms and stink of stale beer; it's still our Biker Bar!

• Aldebaran likes this

The Counterparts Hit Kitteh is back!  

#9 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:51 PM

I didn't expect to ever see CP again  :)

#10 Valium

Valium

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:42 AM

I didn't expect to ever see CP again  :)

Chuck Norris, tardigrades, cockroaches, rats, CP can survive anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users