• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 Aldebaran

Aldebaran

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:34 PM

Initially brought here by the Music, in realization now many years ago....brought back by the camaraderie and friendships garnered and deposited in heart and mind and continued since. Such a nice thing to see so many familiar and family ! CP was a haven for so many of us, so hats off Joe for resurrecting this old comfortable tour shirt ! It may have faded a bit and has a few holes, but it's still a comfortable and treasured fit !

Peace and Love all !

Edit Third Line ! Missed the 

EMERIL%20BAM%20crop.jpg EMERIL%20BAM%20crop.jpg   

• Greg, grep, Three Eyes and 5 others like this

#82 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,760 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall, UK

Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:59 PM

Roast Ox Crisps of the Delta Tau Ged crew, finally back on the line from the South West of Great Britain.

The worst of all possible news.

The future disappears into memory
With only a moment between
Forever dwells in that moment
Hope is what remains to be seen

It's so good to read you all again. 

Oh Jesus wept, I'm suddenly crying like a baby.

• fenderjazz, Greg, Huge Ackman and 2 others like this

#83 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:41 AM

Try making it thru this one with dry eyes...this quartet did a tribute to Neil's passing at a big music conference I just saw on FB.  I've asked to see if there is a version of it I can share here, but this is just as beautiful...almost.

• sbach66 and Moving Target like this

Back.  Again.

#84 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts
  • Locationa deep dark hole

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:59 AM

1, 2, 4, 3

#85 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:57 AM

Scottish band Moving Pictures play a piano and guitar version of Afterimage as a tribute to Neil (and also to John Eadie, the drummer in Clockwork Angels, another tribute band who died last month of a heart attack aged just 47). 

• Greg, Three Eyes, chemistry1973 and 4 others like this

#86 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:58 AM

^^^^
Aarrgghh why is embedding not working ?

Fixed 

#87 Wandering Pixie

Wandering Pixie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:56 AM

Scottish band Moving Pictures play a piano and guitar version of Afterimage as a tribute to Neil (and also to John Eadie, the drummer in Clockwork Angels, another tribute band who died last month of a heart attack aged just 47). 

That was beautiful.

• Rick N Backer likes this

#88 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,760 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall, UK

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

Interesting.  The arrangement more closely matches the lyrics than the original.  (Rush often did that of course, take a reflective lyric and put it to an up tempo rocker.)

• Three Eyes likes this

#89 Rick N Backer

Rick N Backer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:49 PM

So we're back... thanks for getting the board back up so we have a chance to commiserate with fellow fans.  Still can't believe it.  Thought we'd have them forever... thanks for everything and for not compromising, Neil...

• Greg, Three Eyes, Rush Didact and 1 other like this

#90 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

What a moving tribute and beautiful rendition.

• Greg likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#91 Pricey

Pricey

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:49 AM

That was bloody good.

#92 KMH

KMH

• Administrators
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:06 PM

Hi everyone. 

I posted my tribute on Facebook. My wife has had 3 occurrences of cancer in 10 months. Head and Neck cancer. First tumor was in her tongue, 2nd and 3rd in her neck. The 3rd occurrence was so extensive, they gave her chemo to shrink the tumor, then surgery to remove the tumor, removed her right neck muscle, flipped a pectoral muscle into her neck (to replace the muscle removed), followed by 6 weeks of daily radiation to both sides of her neck. She had her first scan post treatment a few days ago, and we get the results of the scan in a couple of days. The first post treatment scan after the first surgery last March, showing more cancer, shook us. We're expecting no cancer this time, but know there is that possibility....

With all that said, we are living the fuck out of life. We just got back from a Caribbean cruise. Next cruise is booked. We're going to the Bay Area in May to see Rae Rae's (she's 17, let that sink in) boyfriend graduate high school. 

I believe Neil lived the fuck out of life as well. I was very saddened and shocked to hear the news. But I wasn't gutted. Neil did what he wanted, when he wanted. I am grateful for what he gave us, and will cherish all the good Rush times. 

• fenderjazz, Greg, grep and 8 others like this

#93 Rush Didact

Rush Didact

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:58 PM

Hi everyone. 

I posted my tribute on Facebook. My wife has had 3 occurrences of cancer in 10 months. Head and Neck cancer. First tumor was in her tongue, 2nd and 3rd in her neck. The 3rd occurrence was so extensive, they gave her chemo to shrink the tumor, then surgery to remove the tumor, removed her right neck muscle, flipped a pectoral muscle into her neck (to replace the muscle removed), followed by 6 weeks of daily radiation to both sides of her neck. She had her first scan post treatment a few days ago, and we get the results of the scan in a couple of days. The first post treatment scan after the first surgery last March, showing more cancer, shook us. We're expecting no cancer this time, but know there is that possibility....

With all that said, we are living the fuck out of life. We just got back from a Caribbean cruise. Next cruise is booked. We're going to the Bay Area in May to see Rae Rae's (she's 17, let that sink in) boyfriend graduate high school. 

I believe Neil lived the fuck out of life as well. I was very saddened and shocked to hear the news. But I wasn't gutted. Neil did what he wanted, when he wanted. I am grateful for what he gave us, and will cherish all the good Rush times.

Ken! Good to hear from you, it's been a long time. Sorry you've had such a rough go of things lately, I'll be thinking about you and your wife, and I hope the next news you get will be good. All the best to both of you.
  • KMH likes this

#94 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:25 PM

Nice eulogy from Doane Perry of Jethro Tull.......

"I want to thank all the people who have so kindly written, texted, posted or called regarding Neil's passing. Like so many, this has completely undone me and I haven't quite known where to start. I am working on something more substantial to be posted in the future when things have settled a little for everyone.

"During the last three and a half years, Neil faced this brutal, aggressive brain cancer bravely, philosophically and with his customary humor, sometimes light and occasionally dark — all very characteristic of him, even given the serious situation and the odds handed to him at the time of the diagnosis and subsequent surgery. But he fought it. By his own request for privacy, few people knew, but his understandable response to this news in no way excludes or diminishes ALL of those who also knew him, worked with him or loved and admired him from up close, or at a distance. His tenacious approach to life served him well during these last years and although he primarily kept his own counsel, he retained his dignity, compassion, understanding and his deeply inquisitive nature, which never deserted him. Remarkably, considering the severity of his condition (glioblastoma) and through the resulting aftermath, he really had no pain. This was always my first question when I saw him. 'Any pain?' I asked. 'No pain', came the reply. What a blessing that was. We were all grateful for that.

"For every one of us who loved him, near and far, this is a loss that is difficult and impossible to summarize in a few short paragraphs. The outpouring of love, respect and appreciation from every imaginable quarter for this extraordinary, singular talent and beautiful man with a mind like no one I have ever met, is touching beyond words. To those that had to guard and hold on to this information closely for three and a half years, for obvious and protective reasons; his wife Carrie, daughter Olivia, his loving family, band, colleagues and friends, they have my undying admiration. You know who you are.

"Apart from his deeply gifted, genius talent and prolific output, which he brilliantly displayed through music, lyric and prose writing and that staggering storehouse of knowledge across an array of subjects in multiple fields, he remained a kind, gentle, considerate and modest soul and a consummate gentleman… as well as an extraordinary friend. If you were his friend, you knew it and he understood how to be the best friend that you could ever hope to have. I think I speak for all, known and unknown to him, to say he will be deeply missed, eternally loved, appreciated and remembered for his many invaluable contributions to music, art and the written word. That will be forever celebrated.

"Despite what he knew and we knew which was inevitable, I believe there is some sense of relief that this long, difficult odyssey has finally ended.

"Thank you my dear friend, for passing this way. We are all richer for your presence and light in our lives."

https://www.blabberm...ustomary-humor/

• fenderjazz likes this
<p><br>

#95 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

I despise the granny awards but it is nice to hear that if anyone there was to say anything about NEP, it be Danny Carey:

https://theriver107....eptance-speech/

Tool were among the early winners at the 2020 Grammy Awards, taking home ‘Best Metal Performance’ for their song “7empest.” Drummer Danny Carey was on hand to accept the award and thanked Rush drummer Neil Peart during his speech.

“Wow. Kinda renews my faith in humankind to know there’s long attention spans out there that can listen to a 12 minute song,” Carey joked as he stepped to the mic, alluding to the length of their award winning track. After thanking his bandmates, friends and family, the drummer paid tribute to his idols.

“As artists, we’re all influenced by the people that come before us,” Carey explained. “For me, it’s all the great drum gods I suppose that’ve come before and I do my best channel them every time I’m working. Namely, John Bonham, Tony Williams and recently, my good friend, Neil Peart.” The clearly emotional drummer then paused as the audience in attendance applauded. “This is for you guys.”

Carey’s admiration of Peart is well documented, but the respect was mutual. In a 2011 interview, the Rush drummer referred to his Tool counterpart as one of rock’s “foremost modern soloists.”

• Slim, Greg, RushDoggie and 3 others like this

Those who know what's best for us...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users