#21 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

Well that sux ballz...didn't know that PT is over.

I'm fine with Rush doing what they did. If there was ever a time for them to stop touring, they may have passed that up some time ago. Geddy's voice is shot. Neil is sick of the whole deal and Alex is having his issues too. I would welcome studio offerings from them. And if Geddy could sing along the lines of MFH, that could work. Old Rush is just not in his wheelhouse without embarrassing himself.

Back.  Again.

#22 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

Well that sux ballz...didn't know that PT is over.

I'm fine with Rush doing what they did. If there was ever a time for them to stop touring, they may have passed that up some time ago. Geddy's voice is shot. Neil is sick of the whole deal and Alex is having his issues too. I would welcome studio offerings from them. And if Geddy could sing along the lines of MFH, that could work. Old Rush is just not in his wheelhouse without embarrassing himself.

Back.  Again.

#23 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:55 PM

Thanks to my local library system I was able to borrow a copy of the R40 Live CD.

I got through disc 1 and part of disc 2 before I stopped and put back in the case.  The next morning it went into the library's outside return slot.  As much as I love the band this CD sucks giant donkey balls.  Performance is poor, the mix is horrible, and I already have most of the tunes from other CD's.  Didn't burn to CD or load on my MP3 player.

Sorry fanbois, but if this is the state of Rush live, I wish them well.  Enjoy your retirement gentlemen, you've earned it.

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

#24 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:20 PM

Sounds great right up until...well you know where.

Never thought I'd ever suggest this but maybe Alex should have handled the vocals on this tour.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users