11 replies to this topic

#1 xbloodfartx

xbloodfartx

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:33 AM

When was the last time the world was this fucked up? I was only a kid in the 80s and I don't remember ever being this bad globally.  Heavy shit is going on..

#2 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:39 AM

I don't know. The world has always been pretty fucked up. We're a bunch of naked, warring apes.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#3 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:56 AM

When wasn't it fucked up?

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#4 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:34 AM

I'm 50 and it's pretty fucked...but, well, yea, it's fucked.  We're going to die...

lol

Mark my words, ideological fundamentalism and dogmatism will be what bring about the end.  The rational people will be trying to stop it, but if that fails, forget it...

#5 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:48 AM

I don't know. The world has always been pretty fucked up. We're a bunch of naked, warring apes.

Yep.

• Three Eyes likes this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#6 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:00 AM

There's always been some level of fucked upedness but we now have lots of outlets for communication, zillions of people with cameras in their hands, and media that is more concerned with sensationalism than actual news. 

• Three Eyes likes this

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#7 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,462 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

The world is a much smaller place thanks to advances in communication like Skep said. We just are more aware now than ever. In the 90s, 80s and earlier, people just believed the bullshit our leaders spouted. Now it's all about facts.

#8 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

What's going on now still pales in comparison the the atrocities of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and what the Japanese did to China in the 20th century.
  • pjbear05 and MrSkeptic like this

Hey...where's Perry?

#9 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

What China did to themselves with 'the great leap forward' .

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#10 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:03 PM

Lord Cod says: Shit is Fucked, Shit was Fucked, Shit will always be Fucked.

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 xbloodfartx

xbloodfartx

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:02 AM

What's going on now still pales in comparison the the atrocities of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and what the Japanese did to China in the 20th century.

Yeah, but the purpose of the thread was to learn more about the shittiest times (globally) of your lives that you've personally experienced, not what it was like when those sick fucks were around. The feeling in some parts of USA is that we are right back to where we were right after 9/11 (I feel that way); the global attacks by ISIS lately are really opening those old wounds, as much as our European allies think most of us are self-centered and arrogant, and don't care about global affairs if it doesn't happen here; all because we don't like "footy."

#12 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,462 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:39 AM

In my lifetime, the most fucked up time was probably around 1978-1980.  There was a nice man in the White House, but he couldn't govern his way out of a paper bag.  There was a major financial crisis, there were gas shortages that impacted our everyday lives, people were buying gold and putting it under their mattresses.  It was a shaky time domestically, in ways that impacted ordinary people everywhere.  Sure we have had job losses in recessions before and after.  There was just a lot of upheaval.  Manufacturing was on life support and it was a major part of the economy.  The Japanese were kicking our asses at every turn.  There was the rise of Terrorism and the hostage crisis as well.  There is more hope today.  The internet economy allows anyone to start a business, whereas hanging your shingle out in 1980 meant investing your life savings.  We've actually fought wars and kept our enemies at bay in recent years.  Haven't been good at ending them, but still.  We lost so much confidence in our military post-Vietnam that any conflict, no matter how small, seemed insurmountable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users