17 replies to this topic

#1 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,604 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:44 AM

Opening night. Vapor Trails tour. I had arrived back in Connecticut from Utah just 3 days earlier. Wasn't sure if this night would ever happen.

• grep, chemistry1973, Bones and 2 others like this

Hey...where's Perry?

#2 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:47 AM

Hold Your Fire to this show.

#3 timbale

timbale

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

The last tour I can remember before the internet made it so easy for there to be spoilers regarding setlists.  I almost LOST MY MIND when they pulled out Bytor.  Never, ever, ever, ever thought I get to see that tune live.

Courageous convictions will drag the dream into existence.  

#4 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,604 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:24 AM

I discovered cp right after this. A few weeks later I caught them in Mansfield and then at Mohegan Sun in November. I never in a million years thought I'd see Rush in the town I grew up in, where I could walk to the show.
  • DarthLen likes this

Hey...where's Perry?

#5 Billnonymous

Billnonymous

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

I was 2nd row center for this show.  When Geddy and Alex were jamming right in front of me, I mouthed "Yoooooooure baaaaaaack!" to them and Geddy nodded at me, he elbowed Alex and motioned to me and I mouthed it again.  They laughed, too cool.  A few songs later, I can't remember which song, but Neil lost a drumstick and Geddy picked it up and threw it right at me.  I still have it up in my office.  While we were in the lot partying, there was a brief rainstorm followed by a huge rainbow and everyone started roaring, one of the best nights of my life.

• chemistry1973 and DarthLen like this

#6 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

It was a magical night. Most amazing show I've ever been to.

Too bad this entire concert isn't available

5vtWSE.jpg

#7 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,604 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:15 PM

It was a magical night. Most amazing show I've ever been to.

Too bad this entire concert isn't available

Its out there in the boot world. I've got boots of all of my shows from that tour.

• DarthLen likes this

Hey...where's Perry?

#8 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:37 AM

The last tour I can remember before the internet made it so easy for there to be spoilers regarding setlists.  I almost LOST MY MIND when they pulled out Bytor.  Never, ever, ever, ever thought I get to see that tune live.

Yes, to me By-tor made the night.  You can just see Alex with that shit-eatin grin during it.  Like he'd been holding it in all night waiting to unleash that surprise.

We got a little attention here that night, posting the setlist live.  I think we were the first of all the boards to do that.

• grep and fast eddie like this

#9 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

Didn't see them till they came out west to The Gorge Amphitheater(re), but it def. was a special tour...rode 4 hrs thru the back roads of central Wa.(some of the same roads Neil took, I'm sure) with my now departed twin brother and camped overnite, then back to PDX for the next nite's show with one of my other brothers...time flies...
  • chemistry1973 likes this
< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#10 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:39 PM

Its out there in the boot world. I've got boots of all of my shows from that tour.

Is it available on video or only audio?

5vtWSE.jpg

#11 SpaceGhost2112

SpaceGhost2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationTaylor, MI

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

Saw them twice on this tour. My 1st and 2nd Rush shows ever. :D  Once in Mich, and the other in Cleveland.  Both amazing shows & experiences I'll never forget. 

#12 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

Good evening Hartford       !          I want to see them again  .♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

#13 DarthLen

DarthLen

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Locationa galaxy, far, far away...

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:37 PM

This was an amazing year and tour for me as well; caught them 7 times for the Vapour Trails rodideo:

- Raleigh, NC 7/4

- Toronto, Canada 7/17

- Concord, CA 9/17

- Las Vegas, NV 9/21

- Tampa, FL 10/10

- West Palm Beach, FL 10/11

- Atlanta, GA 10/13

Every show was an awesome time, from OK to GREAT & KILLER seats; the best I'd really ever been able to snag for ANY tour, really and the constant meet-ups and shenanigans all over the place with great friends. All worth it. So much all worth it. Thanks for comin' back, guys! You really helped make 2002 a really good year for me personally. I mean, how cool was it to end my VT touring with a meet & greet (all thanks to TheTrinity) with 2/3rds of the guys in Hotlanta??? Fuckin' A. :D

• chemistry1973 likes this

#14 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

Hartford for the electricity. Nothing beats that. MSG for the band at its peak. Musically they were top of their game. I had second row. Was amazing. Geddy admonished me for mouthing a bad lyric on secret touch. I guess he was using me when he looked up instead of his TelePrompTer? Dunno. Freewill at MSG was the apex. Our jaws just dropped. My nephew, not a Rush fan, was at that show with me. He looks at me after Freewill and screams how do they do that?
  • SpaceGhost2112 and The Macallan like this

#15 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:53 AM

I'll be the wet blanket here. I saw the LA show at Staples for that tour.  Don't remember being particularly blown away by it. Might have been a sound issue.

Of the Rush shows I've seen, the one to beat is still Devore CA '97, TFE tour. Hearing all of 2112 was magical. Great sound, great playing, great atmosphere. Couldn't ask for more out of a concert.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#16 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:27 AM

God...when the lights went down in Hartford I got full body chills. That night was very, very special.

#17 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

I'll be the wet blanket here. I saw the LA show at Staples for that tour. Don't remember being particularly blown away by it. Might have been a sound issue.

Of the Rush shows I've seen, the one to beat is still Devore CA '97, TFE tour. Hearing all of 2112 was magical. Great sound, great playing, great atmosphere. Couldn't ask for more out of a concert.

I was at Staples too. Not the best sound that night. There's a boot of the show that's not half bad -- perhaps it was just poor acoustics.

#18 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

God...when the lights went down in Hartford I got full body chills. That night was very, very special.

Yup. Hard to put into words. You had to be there

5vtWSE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users