22 replies to this topic

#1 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:54 AM

So GS was down 1-3 have now won 2 in a row and going home for game 7. Can they complete the almost, if not totally unprecedented comeback to win the West??? I'm thinkin' yes...

< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#2 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

I think Golden State would draw a bigger TV viewing audience so I'd say that's what the NBA has directed.

• A Rebel and a Runner and fast eddie like this

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#3 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

So GS was down 1-3 have now won 2 in a row and going home for game 7. Can they complete the almost, if not totally unprecedented comeback to win the West??? I'm thinkin' yes...

Hope not.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#4 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:25 AM

GS completes the comeback, will play for the NBA title starting Thursday...guess they're the real deal having beaten my PDX Blazers in the 2nd round...I'm pulling for them to take it all...

#5 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,718 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:30 AM

I think Golden State would draw a bigger TV viewing audience so I'd say that's what the NBA has directed.

As a Spurs fan, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

• physics likes this

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#6 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:25 AM

Skeps a sports conspiracy believer...the NBA is rigged, he thinks...sure seems that way sometimes, but if anything, it's just individuals on the take, as has been confirmed in a few cases, both players and refs...

#7 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

As a Spurs fan, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I was shocked to see the Spurs go down to the Thunder, OKC proved to be a stronger team than most had assumed. OKC smoked GS in those 2 home games, I thought they had GS figured out, but they choked away game 6...

#8 DarthLen

DarthLen

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Locationa galaxy, far, far away...

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:01 PM

People still watch basketball? ;) 

I was almost religious about watching my Celtics & Magic teams of old from mid-80's to early 90's, but after the strike, after Len Bias' death and after Shaq left Mouseville for LA, I just lost almost all viewing/following interest. Only serious playoff action with the Celtics during their runs some year back pulled me in to watch a little, but that's been about it. Guess I'm old school and miss the days of it being a team game with mostly solid players throughout vs. 1 or 2 superstars and a bunch of nobodys. I even liked it when Detroit finally overcame and won a couple titles with Daly and his Bad Boys. Go figure... :)

#9 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

The NBA is barely basketball. They allow the high profile players to get away with all kinds of things. You almost have to take 5-6 steps without dribbling to get a traveling call. They play defense half-heartedly, at best. The season is too long and the playoffs are even worse. Mediocre teams make the playoffs (like hockey) because there aren't enough actual good teams to fill all the spots. Etc, etc.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#10 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:55 AM

The playoffs is when the NBA gets interesting...I agree with much of what yer sayin', Skep' at least in the long slog that is the regular season. Should be 60 games, tops, and the 1st round back to best of 5. As for travelling, they call it when it's absurdly obvious, or sometimes when it only involves the slightest movement of a pivot foot. Refs shouldn't insert themselves into the game unless an obvious infraction occurs...

#11 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

I usually only watch pro b-ball when the Bucks make the playoffs, So I don't watch a lot of pro b-ball. I got caught up with the conference finals this year though. Both teams of choice lost.,,,the Raptors because of the Rush/Toronto connection and The Thunder because they aren't Lebron or GS.

But the style of play and pace of the game has changed. I used to love the 3 point shot (still like it actually) and always wondered why teams didn't utilize it more. Now it seems like it's being utilized for over 50% of the game. I think all these long jumpers and set shots are taking away from team play-making strategy and action in the paint. The game is more boring now.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#12 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:43 AM

It's actually a lot more up-tempo with the 3pt'ers, I do miss the power moves in the paint(but not the ugly Shaq elbow chops to the throat power moves), but the big guys of now are into the lob jams and such...I think the game is moving in the right direction, but I like to play it more than watch it...go, GS, go!!!
  • Casey likes this

#13 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:21 AM

There's something undeniably exciting about the 3 pointer at certain points in the game, i.e. those end-of-game buzzer beaters or when a 20 point deficit needs to be made up for quickly. But then there are those times when both teams are using the shot so much it starts to resemble a game of horse.

#14 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

This is the first Finals in forever where I'm fine with either team winning. You have the two best teams and the two best players. I guess Cleveland is due.

Hey...where's Perry?

#15 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

So, it's down to this...game 7 in a 7 game series...Cleveland has been pretty dominant the last couple games, tho GS looked like they might've had a shot in game 6 had Curry not fouled out( he was over-aggressive on D, but that last foul was pretty bogus). If Iggy is ok, I think GS wins pretty handily, if not it's gonna be an intense game...might be regardless...think I'm gonna have to call in sick on this one, not gonna miss watching this live!!!

#16 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

What a game! LeBron's block with 2 minutes to go tied at 89 was ridiculous. Well done Cleveland.

Game 7 was a nice treat to wrap up Father's Day...which was preceded by a interesting finish at the US Open. Thank you Paulina Gretzky. Her husband, whatshisname, won his first ever major.

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#17 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

US Open: Wifey: She's wearing the wrong outfit.
Me: What's wrong it?
Wifey: She keeps trying to pull it down.
Me: What's wrong with it?
  • fast eddie likes this

Hey...where's Perry?

#18 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

Haha...about the same in my house. 

Her: What was she thinking wearing that?

Me: Shh! Please go away

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#19 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,718 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I have a feeling I should want to.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#20 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

Your thirst for knowledge is granted, young Grasshopper...https://www.google.c...?client=safari#

Hey...where's Perry?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warriors, thunder, game 7, NBA, conference finals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users